battle size

Any technical questions for Waterloo go here!
Gunfreak
Reactions:

battle size

Post by Gunfreak »

Gettysburg, was optimized dor6 corps battles, any bigger then that, and the game slowed down.

Have the engien been optimised for bigger battles, are now army vs army battles doable?
Little Powell
Reactions:

battle size

Post by Little Powell »

Army vs Army is do-able by default on high-end machines. But for the slower machines, you can adjust graphics settings, especially sprite ratio to make them possible. For example, the reason Army level battles were so accessible with TC2M is because the sprite ratio was 10 (the simpler graphics helped too obviously).

In SOWGB and Waterloo, the sprite ratio can be bumped all the way to 20 if necessary. (sprite ratio - the number of men per soldier sprite)
Last edited by Little Powell on Thu May 07, 2015 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gunfreak
Reactions:

battle size

Post by Gunfreak »

I noticed playing SOW:G that big battles only gave me 10fps no mater how much I upgraded my pc, I went from 8 to 16 gig ram, no effect(even tho ram was suppose to be the main thing for SOW)

I didn't notice any effect in upgradding my graphics card(but didn't except any either)
voltigeur
Reactions:

Re: battle size

Post by voltigeur »

Does changing the sprite ratio from default affect unit frontage and size? Basically are there any game issues apart from cpu/machine load that would affect say trying 1:4 as opposed to the default 1:6?

cheers
con20or
Reactions:

Re: battle size

Post by con20or »

yes - less sprites = less frontage.