Just want to confirm the process for purchasing

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: Just want to confirm the process for purchasing

Post by RebBugler »

Although I am at v1.4, I saw a note that say to patch you must uninstall mods. The installers for Antietam and Pipe's Creek said that they install mods. Does that mean they must be uninstalled before doing any patching? (Also, I did not see an uninstaller for Antietam.)

Thanks.
Do not uninstall anything, just deselect any mods you have enabled before you install the patch.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
MeiguoJinjang
Reactions:

Post by MeiguoJinjang »

I just wanted to say thanks for the help. My PC is 5 years old. I fiddled a long time last night with Tree Percentage and view ranges, but my PC is too old. (This boosted my FPS considerably. I was playing at 1024x768, but video card options like resolution and smoke had no impact. The bottleneck is CPU.) In sizeable scenarios, my FPS drops to around 10 or so. So, I decided to deactivate and archive the game. I'll be getting a new PC in 2013, and at that time I'll reinstall. So, I'll be back later. (maybe by then there will be replays)

Thanks again for the help.
MeiguoJinjang
Reactions:

Post by MeiguoJinjang »

Okay, so three years ago I purchased (directly from here; not Matrix)

Gettysburg
Antietem
Pipe Creek

But I gave up with them as I indicated above as my PC was not up to the task. I have since change machines.

The question is how do I get started now? (I deactivated three years ago.)

I think I have the v1.4 installers of all of the above. Where do I go to download the latest patches?

Are there an must have mods that I should install before just playing the stock game?

Thanks!
MeiguoJinjang
Reactions:

Post by MeiguoJinjang »

I am very confused.

Am I suppose to go over to Matrix to register the serial # which I got here? Is that where I will get the latest patch from the Matrix Members Club? Also, there is a note about applying some 1.61 patch will give me access to map pack expansions already published?

Thanks.
voltigeur
Reactions:

Post by voltigeur »

MeiguoJinjang
Reactions:

Post by MeiguoJinjang »

Thanks. I am following the steps in that thread.
MeiguoJinjang
Reactions:

Post by MeiguoJinjang »

When configuring this game, do I allow it to run on multiple cores or confine it to a single core?

Thanks.
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

Unless you have a very new very fast machine I would let it run on multiple cores. On my older 4 core system it will run 1 core at 100% all the time if you restrict it.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863