Bug: "Show High Scores"

Any technical questions for Waterloo go here!
Willard
Reactions:

Bug: "Show High Scores"

Post by Willard »

Looks like there is a CTD bug after you play a scenario. When you go back and hit the "show high score" button there is an immediate CTD. Recreated a half dozen times.

Let me know what you need...
Willard
Reactions:

Re: Bug: "Show High Scores"

Post by Willard »

There is also a variant in which the screen shows up but locks up and prevents you from exiting. I have a screenshot of that as well.
HoldTheLine
Reactions:

Post by HoldTheLine »

Initially show high scores worked for me, but now I get a runtime error too. "this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way".
HoldTheLine
Reactions:

Post by HoldTheLine »

Willard, are you running the Grog Toolbar Mod? I just found that the bug only occurs for me if the grog mod is enabled. If I disable it, resign, then re-start, I can see high scores again. However re-enabling the mod causes the high scores to crash the game again (tested this several times).
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Willard, are you running the Grog Toolbar Mod? I just found that the bug only occurs for me if the grog mod is enabled. If I disable it, resign, then re-start, I can see high scores again. However re-enabling the mod causes the high scores to crash the game again (tested this several times).
Great find!

Too bad it's my toolbar contribution but it's not a game-stopper and force an early patch. Please keep track of your high scores and report any anomalies associated with having the toolbar enabled. I'm almost positive the crash had to do with the new GUI system being modded. This was the last feature added and has not been time-tested thoroughly enough.

Thanks a bunch
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
HoldTheLine
Reactions:

Post by HoldTheLine »

No worries at all Reb, as you say it's not a show stopper. Your grog mod is greatly appreciated.
Willard
Reactions:

Post by Willard »

HTL -

That was correct. Was able to recreate the after turning off, than on, the GTMod. Thanks for the good find there. Not a gamebreaker at all just glad it was found.

Regards,

Willard
MacDonald
Reactions:

Post by MacDonald »

Just to throw a spanner in the works - I am not using the mod but I get this crash as well. It only started after I did mission 4, then clicked on high score after the battle.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Just to throw a spanner in the works - I am not using the mod but I get this crash as well. It only started after I did mission 4, then clicked on high score after the battle.
Thanks for the report, we'll be looking at this harder now since it's not just a Grog Toolbar issue.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...