Different Antietam lsl files

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
Davinci
Reactions:

Re: Different Antietam lsl files

Post by Davinci »

Saddletank and Little Powell - this might be the problem with why there are different versions of the same map, it would depend on how the game was updated by the user .

The first two-pages goes over how some of us installed the patch without going through the Matrix forums.

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/techni ... beta-patch

davinci
Last edited by Davinci on Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

We heard back from Matrix, and they are looking into fixing the issue. Hopefully it should be done quickly.
voltigeur
Reactions:

Post by voltigeur »

Hey LP, any update to this? Matrix can be a little slow sometimes.

cheers
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Five months after this issue was made known to NSD and Matrix and no effort made to fix this. C'mon guys, Matrix needs to issue patches.

Six of us in our regular MP group discovered last night that this same problem affects Brandy Station as well. Not only are the NSD and Matrix .lsl files of Brandy Station different but the Brandy.dat file in the Base/Maps/Packages folder are different between the NSD and Matrix versions as well.

This means that due to Matrix's error or sloppiness customers who have the original NSD download cannot play MP on these maps with customers who bought the same product through Matrix.

It seems pretty clear what has happened. NSD sent Matrix an initial release of the add-ons for them to test and check. While Matrix had this evaluation copy NSD fixed and updated a few things so that the .lsl files for both Brandy and Antietam and the Brandy.dat file were updated. When Matrix published the add-ons however they didn't include the updated files and issued the add-ons on the basis of their (now out of date) test/evaluation copies.

Buyers of the products are losing out. MP groups like ours waste time and get very frustrated.

Please get Matrix to issue patches for ONLY the Matrix versions of Antietam and Brandy that are not needed by customers of the original NSD downloads.

Thank you very much Norb and team.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Sorry guys, we've notified them multiple times. Not really sure what the hold up is, but I'll see if I can find out.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Thanks LP. Have you sent Matrix the updated files they need to issue?
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Thanks LP. Have you sent Matrix the updated files they need to issue?
They have the files.
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

I've been asked to look at this issue. I downloaded and installed the 1.50 version of GB and Antietam and made note of the file dates. Here is a screenshot of those files:

The attachment AntietamLSLOriginalFiles.jpg is no longer available

As you can see, the mod dates are the 2011 ones. I then downloaded the 1.61 patch and installed it. Here is a screenshot of the files after the patch. As you can see, they're dated 2013.

The attachment AntietamPost1.61PatchFiles.jpg is no longer available
So if I understand correctly, any players who download from Matrix will now get the 2013 files and all should be good. Let me know if this solves the problem.

Thanks,

B
Attachments
AntietamLSLOriginalFiles.jpg
AntietamLSLOriginalFiles.jpg (55.12 KiB) Viewed 157 times
AntietamPost1.61PatchFiles.jpg
AntietamPost1.61PatchFiles.jpg (56.53 KiB) Viewed 157 times
Last edited by born2see on Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

Saddletank Wrote:
When Matrix published the add-ons however they didn't include the updated files and issued the add-ons on the basis of their (now out of date) test/evaluation copies.
I've just downloaded and installed the Brandy Station add-on and the file dates are:

Brandy.lsl 5-04-2013
brandy.dat 5-04-2013

That corresponds to our release date. If you have newer files please let me know.

Thanks,

B
Last edited by born2see on Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

Someone in the KS group had a different date. He downloaded through Matrix.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.