Waterloo - Civil War Interface?

A new scenario/battle editor is in development and should be following hot on the heels of Waterloo - any questions can go here.
MarshalJean
Reactions:

Re: Waterloo - Civil War Interface?

Post by MarshalJean »

P.S.

I do understand that with the KS mod lots of OoBs can be created using many of the historical nations of the period...but from what I understand, creating OoBs takes a lot of time...a lot more than Histwar already requires.

Again, I could be mistaken in this...
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

OOB creation with Waterloo is a lot trickier than it was with Gettysburg, which is a great pity. I have a set of Peninsular Campaign OOBs set up for use with Gettysburg totalling probably 300,000 men and I have to convert these to Waterloo's system. I am not looking forward to that one bit.

Again this extra work for modders is all down to the choice of MyGUI for the interface.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
pakfront
Reactions:

Post by pakfront »

Where do you find the difficulties? In generating the names xml files, or in other areas as well? We hope to have some tools to make generating the name files easier.
Last edited by pakfront on Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xreos1
Reactions:

Post by Xreos1 »

Generating the OOBNames.xlm is a big headache.

I played and modded WLNB in the past and was interested in converting some of those mods.

I am not adept in scripting and have spent 3 days trying to generate a names file.

With default {names} in place, the OOB loads and plays I can't get the names file to work.

I did get a different OOB to work with a names file I created using Excell and notepad+ but I don't know where to look to find out why one works and the other doesn't.

Does with or without BOM make a difference?

Is any special attention needed when using _NAME_2 ?

Is there a limit to the _breaks in the ID NAME ?

With everything in the B,C and D columns how involved is the process to convert this to XML?
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

I agree its the xml names file that adds so much extra load - and all because of MyGUI. :(
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.