Optimization? Other questions

Stuck in a part of the game. Here's where the Grogs help the Newbies. Share your best strategies for winning and try someone elses.
DukeWacoan
Reactions:

Optimization? Other questions

Post by DukeWacoan »

On the Matrix forum there is a 2013 post about "optimizing" the game. One of the links is down and I also cannot find the config file they say to edit in the /work folder. Is that advice still valid?

Also I am getting back to trying the game after many starts and stops over the years. I don't really have time to wade through all the forum to get myself up to speed. Is there a master advice/help post or site you would recommend. I have all the released games.
mkeogh76
Reactions:

Re: Optimization? Other questions

Post by mkeogh76 »

Yes, the information in that Matrix forum "Optimization" thread as to making changes to the SOW configuration file is still valid and very much recommended especially if you have a decent PC/graphics card combo.

You'll find the "sowgb" configuration file in the SOW/Work folder. By adding the suggested values for AntiA, Anso, and mipmapps you will improve the graphical appearance of SOW.

However, make sure you have a decent PC/graphics card because making the above changes to the configuration could lead to game slow downs on older PCs with less powerful cards. (I have a pretty decent card and have had no noticeable slow-downs even in massive scenarios.)
Jubal Early
Reactions:

Post by Jubal Early »

Anyone have this link please? I cant find it :( I just bought a brand new Alien x51 quad core AMD x9 270 8gb ram 3.4 ghz and im still getting 3-8 fps on Pickets charge scenario 10-15 on others "What the heck" Im running Rome Total war on Extreme settings over 30 fps.
I was looking forward to waterloo but hope its better optimised than SOW Gettysburg.
Nico165
Reactions:

Post by Nico165 »

Last edited by Nico165 on Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.