Playing the campaign but not as C-in-C

Questions on the new sandbox campaign for Waterloo can go here.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Playing the campaign but not as C-in-C

Post by Saddletank »

As I prefer playing HITS I find it impractical or not even enjoyable to command more than a division. Is it possible in a later patch to issue a version of the campaign where the player moves his whole forces strategically via the map but in battles can select just one division (or brigade, or corps) to command with the rest of the army being under AI control?

I'd like to play the campaign but I just don't want to be Wellington or Napoleon, nor do I only want to have a corps or division per side.

Thanks.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
supercool911
Reactions:

Re: Playing the campaign but not as C-in-C

Post by supercool911 »

I agree completely with Saddletank. It would be great to have more options for the Sandbox campaign, such as:

- Division vs Division, or Corps vs Corps only battles.
- Detach or attach brigades or divisions to other commands.
- Select a specific order of battle (for the player and for the AI).
- Select the starting point of both the AI and the player.
- Have available information on how many units the player and the AI have left, regardless of the campaign mode.
- Have the AI accepting more fights than only the ones it has a bigger force.

Despite this wishlist, I think the game is marvelous! I love it. And eventhough I like playing the historical battles, I think the sandbox campaign is a homerun!

Thank you
Niftyeye
Reactions:

Re: Playing the campaign but not as C-in-C

Post by Niftyeye »

I agree with this as well, I prefer to command a brigade or a division if I am feeling extremely lucky/gutsy, having to play as the Commander during the campaign is the main reason I tend to avoid it.