Unable To Get The Couriers To Work

A new scenario/battle editor is in development and should be following hot on the heels of Waterloo - any questions can go here.
xray
Reactions:

Unable To Get The Couriers To Work

Post by xray »

I've Put together three or four small scenarios at various command levels to get used to the Scenario Editor.

The scenarios are running ok apart from getting the Couriers to work, units carryout orders immediately and no Couriers are seen running about the battlefield.

I’ve followed the instructions in the manual adding the couriers by drag and drop to both OOB’s.

Although it doesn’t specify I’ve even dragged and dropped the individual couriers onto the map.

Checked the scenario.csv and both couriers are there.

I’m not sure where I’m going wrong, if anyone has made a scenario including a working couriers a copy would be greatly appreciated.
pakfront
Reactions:

Re: Unable To Get The Couriers To Work

Post by pakfront »

I believe I've found the problem. You probably have an empty EnglishScenScreen.txt file in your scenario. Either replace it with the EnglishScenScreen.txt from another scenario such as Sandbox, or use the attached one.

It is a bug in the editor that new scenarios may have blank EnglishScenScreen.txt files. This will be fixed. Meanwhile, please just replace the blank file. You should only have to do this once per scenario, and only in cases where the scenario was created with the "New Scenario" menu.
Attachments
EnglishScenScreen.zip
(1.26 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
Last edited by pakfront on Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
xray
Reactions:

Post by xray »

Unfortunately despite using your enclosed file, couriers still did not work in my custom scenario.

I checked the “EnglishScenScreen.txt” in my scenario folder prior to replacing and noted it was not blank so I’m at a loss to what is causing the problem.

I think I’ve found a temporary workaround although rather convoluted. After running a full OOB Sandbox Battle, end the game immediately and then load it into the Scenario Editor. After deleting the BattleScript, clearing the map of units etc I saved the files as a Named User Scenario leaving me with a working “Scenario Template” that uses Couriers.

Thanks for you continued support, it’s many years since I have enjoyed a simulation as good as SOW-WL as well as an extremely helpful and friendly player community.
pakfront
Reactions:

Post by pakfront »

Sorry that did not work. Please attach a zip with the broken scenario and your sowwl.ini so I can investigate further. Thanks.
xray
Reactions:

Post by xray »

Getting rather late, will a quick simple scenario not including BattleScripts do?

I’ve deleted the other scenarios that did not use couriers.
xray
Reactions:

Post by xray »

As requested pleas find attached files.
Attachments
Files.zip
(9.18 KiB) Downloaded 15 times