New civil war coming out

We're gamers, so here is a good place to discuss other games you are playing or are curious about.
Chromey
Reactions:

New civil war coming out

Post by Chromey »

its kind of like mount and blade but in ACW setting. Its currently in kickstarter but check out the new game engine in the videos!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/19 ... nav_search
Saddletank
Reactions:

Re: New civil war coming out

Post by Saddletank »

Old news

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/other- ... ts-acw-fps

And the other person put it in the correct forum as well. :whistle:
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

It certainly is beautiful and the animations look great :) but i dunno how well it would play with just a few players on a server lining up and firing into the smoke, dying, then respawning and coming back. It doesn't seem to have the campaign element of mount and blade (maybe my favourite game series ever). The video is a bit underwhelming - they could have gotten a few bots on there at least to bump the numbers up. The map is huge, and it would need lots of sprites to shoot at with your artillery to make it fun (for the guy lucky enough to get the artillery role :) )

Maybe you get more bots under your command at higher game levels? That would be cool and you would have an AI squad to command and boost sprite numbers significantly. I'd like to hear more on the major general role, sending orders out from base - that also sounds good. I might have to register for kickstarter - i see a few things on there of late that are worth a donation.

Edit - Bit more info on chain of command here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/19 ... ts/1393875
Last edited by con20or on Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

It looks pretty good, wonder if they will also make it as a single player game also..

See if they out a demo in the future.

Chamberlain
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

I signed up and went for the £10 donation level - that gets you a copy of the game which will retail for $30. My bank account is in € so I have no idea what any of that means but I'm pretty sure there is a saving in there somewhere!

I don't think they will make their target unfortunately, only a bit over 60% funded and only 7 days left...
Last edited by con20or on Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chromey
Reactions:

Post by Chromey »

Thanks Saddletank!

I am a huge fan of Mount and Blade Warband : Napoleanic Wars.

This game in question will be very similar to that but with upgraded graphics and mechanics.

I play the online regiment battles with up to 200 people doing online virtual battlefield re-enaments but Im hoping this game will streamline it and take it to the next level. That its ACW is a bonus to all us ACW buffs. It is at 75k out of 100k and has a week left but if we all spread the word and get every 1 to chip in then it might make it out of kickstarter. I myself pledged 35 dollars for the Sargeant level but if push comes to shove I might push it to the 70 dollar captain level because I just think this game will be one of those gems. Fingers crossed!
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

Looks like they made it!
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

So this looks a lot like Mount & Blade and the Napoleonic version of that where each player is 1 soldier, and the basis of gameplay is MP sessions. These are huge fun because I've been involved in some M&B games but is there a wider scope to this?

BTW graphics look pretty. I guess with FPS games the techie stuff and accuracy doesn't have to be cutting edge but it would be nice to know how much effort has gone into the game.

I have to say that a "line wars" game set in the ACW seems more appealing than in the Nappy period simply because the ACW soldier was more free-thinking and independent than his zombie-trained European counterpart.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.