Need help testing Webroot fix for SOWWL multiplayer.

A dedicated section to start arranging MP games and groups for our new engine, Waterloo!
Jean Lafitte
Reactions:

Need help testing Webroot fix for SOWWL multiplayer.

Post by Jean Lafitte »

Webroot seems to have fixed the lag issue, but, I haven't tested the fix in MP.

I've never played MP in any NSD games, but, I'd like to play SOWWL MP in the future.

What's the best way for me to test whether this Webroot fix is compatible with MP?

Thanks.
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Re: Need help testing Webroot fix for SOWWL multiplayer.

Post by Chamberlain »

Hey Jean Lafitte

I have Webroot on my computer, how do I get the Webroot fix or is it an automatic update ?

Thanks

Chamberlain
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Jean, the KS group plays several times a week in the evenings EU time, usually around 20:00 BST. There's a link to our forums in my sig. We play Couriers and HITS, BTW.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Jean Lafitte
Reactions:

Post by Jean Lafitte »

Hey Jean Lafitte

I have Webroot on my computer, how do I get the Webroot fix or is it an automatic update ?

Thanks

Chamberlain
Contact Webroot tech support. They will analyze the situation and fix it. The fix works with single player, but, it needs testing with Multi player.
Jean Lafitte
Reactions:

Post by Jean Lafitte »

Jean, the KS group plays several times a week in the evenings EU time, usually around 20:00 BST. There's a link to our forums in my sig. We play Couriers and HITS, BTW.
Sounds great.

But for purposes of testing the Webroot fix for Multi player, how do you suggest I proceed?
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

Post what time zone you are in and when your time you have availability. There are people from Australia to California so someone should be able to meet up for a quick test.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
TyrannicalTyler
Reactions:

Post by TyrannicalTyler »

I haven't been able to connect to the lobby or create an account ,is this because I have webroot?
mitra76
Reactions:

Post by mitra76 »

Not sure (power lobby service could be down when you tried), the only mode to check it is try with webroot activate first, and after retry to create the account with webroot stopped
Visit my wargames blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it/