Very important - Windows 10

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
Zeke
Reactions:

Very important - Windows 10

Post by Zeke »

Hi Guys

Until recently My copy of SowG 1.6 on the excellent Windows 10 O/S was working fine however I think a new update has done something and although the game was loading up all the text was blocked out in the game and in the menu selections - Yes a bit of an issue!!

However do not worry there is a fix now this is mentioned in a few posts but the more times it is mentioned the more chance you will see this and after all we don't want people getting frustrated and leaving this fantastic game.
  1. Right double click on the SOWG Icon on your desktop
  2. This will open a new windows box
  3. Select/click "Properties" located near the bottom of the window
  4. This will bring up a new Windows box
  5. Select/click on "Compatibility" which is located at the top of the Window
  6. Here you should see a section labelled "Compatibility Troubleshooter"
  7. Select Windows 7 in the dropdown menu and ensure there is a tick in the box above that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"
  8. Ensure you select "Apply" at the bottom of the window box before closing.
....And you should be good to go.

SOW Gettysburg should work fine in Windows 10 in fact I'm finding it works better!!! B)

I've not had the same issue with SOW Waterloo. I'm no developer but I'm guessing this is a later game and slightly different engine and programming :)

Best regards

Zeke
I only know two tunes...One's "Yankee Doodle" and the other one isn't!

Ulysses S. Grant
JimP66
Reactions:

Re: Very important - Windows 10

Post by JimP66 »

Hi,

Thanks for that, it worked perfectly.

Cheers
Nick2000
Reactions:

Re: Very important - Windows 10

Post by Nick2000 »

Unfortunately, I am experiencing all sorts of graphic difficulties in both Windows 7 Pro and Windows 10 Home.

Windows 7: both games just hung up and would not run past the main screens.

Windows 10: SOWGB ran for 3 days then after an update, all the text and images just disappeared. Just solid bars where the text should be. uninstall, reinstall did not work. SOW is working fine as of this date.

My windows 10 is 32 bit, my Windows 7 is 64 bit. I tried installing it on my laptop which is Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, but got the same thing as 10 home.

So, any help out there?