Windows 10 - New Findings

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
MarkT
Reactions:

Re: Windows 10 - New Findings

Post by MarkT »

Update of sorts.

THE GOOD NEWS :cheer: - All map creation tools work well with Windows 10. I have many maps to offer, and soon will release the maps as follows.

Bull Run - A re-textured Manassas Map that really highlights the undulating terrain.
Gaines Mill - A re-textured Cold Harbor Map that again highlights the undulating terrain.
Shenandoah Campaign - A series of 8 maps enhanced from Garniers random maps. All maps now have structures, as well as new foliage. One map is a fully populated 10 mile map for you to campaign on.
They list as follows:
Bakersfield
Covington
Fair Market
Martinburg
Minersburg
Smithville
Thornburg
10 Mile Random

Near Completion:
Chickamauga - a 7.5 mile map of the entire field
Chattanooga - an slightly overlapping 7.5 mile map of all of the field north of Lookout mountain.

On the drawing board - a 10 mile map of the Seven days battles. CANCELLED at the moment.
Also a few Napoleonic maps were to be done.

THE BAD NEWS - :( As much as I like making the maps, I can no longer play the game. Eventually Windows 10 will overtake all, and I have decided to embrace the change. There seems to be no interest from Norbsoft, or it cant be fixed, and sporadic interest from Matrix, (I've had an open ticket there for weeks) to fix the Windows 10 issue.
As documented, it seems to be a subtle difference between Pro and Home that no one wants to track down. I am tired of reformatting my machine to try different configurations.

I play ONLY Army level Multiplayer. before patches above 1.5, my group played the union army of 80,000 vs., the equal number of Rebels. After the patch to 1.6 Plus, we play 20,000... A considerable loss. This loss, a decision to upgrade, excluded many large scale players... We try to sustain a playable 3 hour battle on an unstable platform.
Regardless, I have not been able to play for 2 months... Why make maps if I cannot use them.
This applies to Waterloo also. Soooooo, until this issue is resolved, I see no reason to continue.

I will however release the maps I have listed above as soon as they are ready....

Please do not ask me to make maps, so you can test them for me. Half the fun is walking the field after creation. Not being able to see my work is not worth the effort.

I will try to keep up with this to see if there is a change... If resolved, I will be more than happy to continue to make maps. I have been plying this for 12 years and I hate to stop.
It is, by far, my favorite game.

Mark
Mark S. Tewes
MarkT
Reactions:

Post by MarkT »

it is coming :laugh:
Mark S. Tewes
tominrichmond
Reactions:

Post by tominrichmond »

7 Days, yes, please!!

Wilderness, Spotsy courthouse?

Thanks for all your work. Waiting to see it all!