Steps to update to the latest patch through Matrix

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Steps to update to the latest patch through Matrix

Post by Chamberlain »

To update your game to the current version through the Matrix website :

1) Register your game with Matrix, if you have not done so already, as this will give you access to the downloads/updates.
Matrix website URL : www.matrixgames.com/members
2) Once registered, log into the Matrix site
3) On the right hand side of screen, under the Welcome 'your member name'
- click on "My Games"
4) Look for the "Scourge of War: Gettysburg" (on the right of the game, you should see "Registered")
5) Click on the game
6) Right above the 'Product Info', click on 'Downloads' tab
Now you should see this :

Scourge of War: Gettysburg v1.61 Update
Posted: 26 JUN 2013
Updates all installs of SoW Gettysburg including bringing old NorbSoftDev installers to full Matrix install.
Download

Now download, install and when you start the game in the left hand corner of the Main Menu, you should see :

1.6100 and now your game is up to date.

Chamberlain
Last edited by Chamberlain on Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
MJT
Reactions:

Re: Steps to update to the latest patch through Matrix

Post by MJT »

I was able to finally register my Gettysburg and Antietam games. Downloaded the latest updates and am still unable to run them. Went ahead and deleted the downloads to try to start over. Wonder what I am doing wrong. Do I need to either:

1. Install the old Gettysburg version that is on the original disc that I bought from Norb software and then go to Matrix web site and download latest editions?

2. Do not install the old version on the original disc I bought from Norb software and instead go straight to the Matrix web site and download the latest Antietam and Gettysburg updates?

3. Something else? Wonder if I am doing things in the incorrect order and that is messing things up?

Please advise, I'd really like to be able to play these games again!

Thanks,

Michael
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

Chamberlain outlined exactly what you need to do above.

But here it is again in a nutshell:

Go here and download the game:

http://www.matrixgames.com/members/default.asp

Install it.

Go here and download the 1.61 patch:

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/441 ... Gettysburg

Install it.

That's all you need to do.

Also, please keep your questions confined to a single section of the forum. It makes it easier for those trying to help you to follow the thread.

Thanks,

B
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
the reb
Reactions:

Post by the reb »

Any known issues with 1.61 using Windows XP? 1.6 is working great, no issues....
Merry Christmas.....

the reb
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

None.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
the reb
Reactions:

Post by the reb »

I see I addressed this sometime ago, just to be sure....one more question? What folder do you download 1.61 to?

thanks,
a dumb reb.....

Main Folder File.
Moderators may delete this post.
Thank you
Last edited by the reb on Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: More Infomation
Jerry56
Reactions:

Post by Jerry56 »

You might add that those running Windows 10 cannot install Direct x9 and will have to go into the compatibility settings and let it pick out the settings. Once you have that setting and the game works have the Windows lock in that setting for that game. Then the game will rum with the text visible in the loading screens.