SOW Gettysburg any future update?

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
Bloody Bill
Reactions:

SOW Gettysburg any future update?

Post by Bloody Bill »

I was wondering if we might get a SOW GB/ACW version on Steam?

It would be nice to have a ACW version updated to the new engine. Will there be a continuation of the ACW battles and possible campaigns in the future?
the reb
Reactions:

Re: SOW Gettysburg any future update?

Post by the reb »

Hey Bloody Bill,

How do you like GB on Steam? How does the game (the AI) compare to SOW? Does Steam GB offer a similar Sandbox Play like SOW? Does the game keep your interest for repeat play? I believe one of the Mods have stated that American Civil War Gaming in SOW is more or less "dead" at this time?

Thanks,
the reb
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

The biggest and longest running ACW MP group is still playing - GCM. They play every day I think.

Is there a Steam version of GB? I didn't know there was. If there is it'll be identical to the NSD/Matrix version.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Bloody Bill
Reactions:

Post by Bloody Bill »

Only Waterloo is on Steam that I know of. I think if they put the GB title on Steam they would sell a lot of them.

I play mp with the Garnier group sometimes when the time zone issue does not get in the way.

I would just like NSD to get back into the ACW with a new game engine and push a campaign style battle releases.

To explain this better, I would like to see more titles of campaign battles. So say you get a release that is the Overland campaign- you would get the battles of The wilderness, Spotsylvania Court house, Yellow Tavern, North Anna, Cold Harbor.

I am just a fan of the era and the game and I prefer the ACW over the Napoleonic version.
Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hey Bloody Bill,

How do you like GB on Steam? How does the game (the AI) compare to SOW? Does Steam GB offer a similar Sandbox Play like SOW? Does the game keep your interest for repeat play? I believe one of the Mods have stated that American Civil War Gaming in SOW is more or less "dead" at this time?

Thanks,
the reb
great questions
I also have the same questions
anyone can help. Thank you