its that time again battles of south mountain and antietam!

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
rckgunny
Reactions:

its that time again battles of south mountain and antietam!

Post by rckgunny »

yep today is the 15th i think that is south mountain iits one of thee preceding battles to antietam.
Irish Brigade
Reactions:

Re: its that time again battles of south mountain and antietam!

Post by Irish Brigade »

Around this time, 9:30 eastern time the Confederates were arriving in Sharpsburg.
Irish Brigade
Reactions:

Post by Irish Brigade »

Around this time, 9:30 PM eastern time the Confederates were arriving in Sharpsburg.
Irish Brigade
Reactions:

Post by Irish Brigade »

The rest of Lee's divisions would arrive by midday of the 16. (Except the Light Division, which arrived on the 17.) The Union army was mostly in the vicinity on the 16th. Some people think that only the 17th is the day of the battle, but in reality, there was sharp skirmishing in the afternoon and throughout the night of the 16th, so in a way, the battle was already commencing by the dawn of the 17th.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Some people think that only the 17th is the day of the battle, but in reality, there was sharp skirmishing in the afternoon and throughout the night of the 16th, so in a way, the battle was already commencing by the dawn of the 17th.
That's right. I actually have two Sept 16th scenarios in my Antietam entry-level pack. :)

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/offici ... igade-pack

South Mountain is a great field to visit. One can get a real sense of the sheer bravery of the outnumbered Confederates that defended the gaps. From their vantage point, they could see the endless lines of blue-clad troops from miles away..
Irish Brigade
Reactions:

Post by Irish Brigade »

I just played one of those scenarios :)

I decimated the Texas Brigade and 2nd Mississippi with those 13th Bucktails. But Confederate artillery counter-fire got one of my advance units, the 2nd, but they were still somewhat operational, and I held the objective for a major victory.

Great job on the scenarios!