CTD--Windows 10

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
RDBoles
Reactions:

CTD--Windows 10

Post by RDBoles »

I have my Sow Games loaded under C:/Matrix--- Is there any advantage to that over loading the games in C:/Program Files/(86)/Matrix. My concern is, no matter what configuration I use for the Windows compatibility mode I continue to get CTD's at any point in all of the games I use. With the exception of the stock maps and oob's. GCM maps are terrific but continue to CTD at any point during the game. Mark T's maps seem to work better but still hit and miss with the CTD's. Using any none oob's on the stock maps seems to work out ok. RebBugler's Tool Bar doesn't seem to matter one way or the other when it comes to CTD's. It crashes with the toolbar and it crashes with out the toolbar. As far as the pecking order on the modifications I usually put Maps on top then oob's, then the toolbar, any other mods like smoke or sounds or terrain enhancements, I put between the oob's and the toolbar. I don't know if this is the right order or not, but that is what I use. Any one have similar frustrations and has over come them let me know. Thanks
Move Forward
Davinci
Reactions:

Re: CTD--Windows 10

Post by Davinci »

RDBoles - What's New!

After reading what you posted it appears that the game is not crashing, but your mods are causing the crash.

With that said, somehow your mods are calling for something that is not there!

SO, you do have the latest patch, correct?

Also - have you checked your log file for any hints?

BTW - I ran the game on both Windows 10 Pro, and Windows 10 Home without any problems until I destroyed My Computer, but that's another story!

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
RDBoles
Reactions:

Post by RDBoles »

Thanks for the reply. I'm up on all patches etc. I'll check the logs, which by the way I never have done before. A new adventure to increase my meager knowledge of all things strategery. I'll be back.
Move Forward
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

Hey RDBoles,

Expanding on Davinci's post, Hey Davinci, how are things going, to see which Mod is causing the problem is to load them one at a time to see which one crashes.

Hope this helps ;)

Chamberlain
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today