Chickamauga

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
jozk
Reactions:

Re: Chickamauga

Post by jozk »

ok no worries! I have just only just started reading about this battle so playing what is here will be of real interest.

Thanks again
exp101
Reactions:

Post by exp101 »

The GCM group (NY Cav hosting) conducted a 12-player battle today using the Chickamauga map with GCM mods. Lots of fun! Check out a few screenshots of the action at this forum post:

GCM-Chickamauga test battle
Last edited by exp101 on Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Update, another scenario:
Unzip and copy to the scenarios folder
The attachment CHI05-Afternoonofthe19thC-Corps.zip is no longer available
Sorry Yanks, hopefully I'll have the Union version ready in a couple of weeks, wanted to have it ready for this holidays release. This battle is highly involved with moving forces constantly hither and yon, taking a lot of testing and re-scripting time to maintain it's historic persona.

New feature: Transporting ME to move instantly to map locations
After closing reinforcement messages, click ME within 30 seconds and instantly go to that unit.

Read more about how this feature works in the Intro: Author's Notes (bottom entry)

Anyway, a Christmas Eve scenario for the folks that are keeping up with this scenario series, Enjoy! :)
Attachments
CHI05-Afternoonofthe19thC-Corps.zip
(38.03 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
MLandini
Reactions:

Post by MLandini »

Hello,

Looking forward to this mod - I have downloaded and unzipped this several times and still do not see the scenarios in User Scenarios. Any advice appreciated - thanks
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Hello,

Looking forward to this mod - I have downloaded and unzipped this several times and still do not see the scenarios in User Scenarios. Any advice appreciated - thanks
If enabled correctly in Modifications they should appear in User Scenarios. Have you successfully run other mods?
MLandini
Reactions:

Post by MLandini »

Yes - I have the additional Gettysburg Mods that are running successfully.
MLandini
Reactions:

Post by MLandini »

Figured it out - needed to have the yellow box active - thanks
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

In Modifications move Chickamauga to the lowest, bottom, priority. See if that helps.

That's all I have to help out. If Chickamauga shows up and is activated in Modifications and doesn't show up in User Scenarios, then this is an anomaly I've never seen or have a fix for.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Update, new scenario:
Unzip and copy to the scenarios folder
The attachment CHI06-Afternoonofthe19thU-Corps.zip is no longer available
For folks just tuning in the first post has been updated through this scenario so no need for this download if you download the full mod.

These last two scenarios have undoubtedly been my most intricate designs to date. Not necessarily because I had no timelines to deal with or was more enthusiastic, but because of this thread, what I would call a scenario designer's Dream Thread: http://www.civilwarvirtualtours.com/chi ... ept19.html
I'm trying my best to get in every facet of the battle while balancing good gameplay. For those that study this virtualtours thread hopefully all the movements and objectives will make better sense, and you'll actually learn more about the battle and why it was won, or lost. For those that don't, welcome to the helter skelter of a remote battle in northwest Georgia in the autumn of 1863.
Attachments
CHI06-Afternoonofthe19thU-Corps.zip
(36.1 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
Last edited by RebBugler on Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

"Mark-T" - Do You mind if I change your Map to a Summer-Time Map with different color's?

Just getting started, something like the Picture below!
The attachment 1_2017-01-09.jpg is no longer available
davinci
Attachments
1_2017-01-09.jpg
1_2017-01-09.jpg (233.62 KiB) Viewed 170 times
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!