Scourge of War Chancellorsville Missing Exe

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
vampiresrock
Reactions:

Scourge of War Chancellorsville Missing Exe

Post by vampiresrock »

Hi, I just purchased and tried to install Scourge of War Chancellorsville. The only other Scourge of War game on my computer is the Steam version of Waterloo, I don't have McAfee and never have, and I've registered my game on Matrix Games before I downloaded it, but the installer doesn't appear to have installed an .exe to start the game with... I've looked in the installation folder and there are just 3 folders (base, docs, and mods) and a chancellorsville.sow file. Any help?
Davinci
Reactions:

Re: Scourge of War Chancellorsville Missing Exe

Post by Davinci »

The only other Scourge of War game on my computer is the Steam version of Waterloo.
Are you saying that you don't have the Scourge of War Gettysburg game Installed?

The "Chancellorsville" Add-on requires the Original Game to work!

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
vampiresrock
Reactions:

Post by vampiresrock »

Really??? The Chancellorsville info page must have lied to me... "This is a stand-alone release which requires no other titles, but can also be installed as an expansion for Scourge of War: Gettysburg."

Oh well, thank you for the quick help. I guess i'll have to go buy Gettysburg as well, lol.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Really??? The Chancellorsville info page must have lied to me... "This is a stand-alone release which requires no other titles, but can also be installed as an expansion for Scourge of War: Gettysburg."
Hmm, can you post the page that shows this, I might be wrong?

davinci
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

OK, I just read the page and it does say "Stand Alone Product", so now I'm not too sure!

One of the "Team Members" will see this and give you a better answer.

davinci
vampiresrock
Reactions:

Post by vampiresrock »

Here's the page I saw that quote on:
Store Page
Last edited by vampiresrock on Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Wrong link
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

You might have a corrupt download, try downloading the file again, and if you get it to work remember to apply the latest Patch which will bring it to version 1.61.

Sorry for the confusion!

davinci
DarkRob
Reactions:

Post by DarkRob »

Chancellorsville is both stand alone and an add on. It depends on whether you have Gettysburg installed or not. If you have Gettysburg installed then Chancellorsville will install as an add on to that game. If not, Chancellorsville will install as its own game.
Last edited by DarkRob on Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.