Command Simulation

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
26th NC Soldier
Reactions:

Command Simulation

Post by 26th NC Soldier »

So I was curious if anybody would like to do a command simulation campaign like what was done on TC2M? I know there is multiplayer but with the CS you can do a bit more it seems. If anybody would be interested in doing a CS battle or whole campaign post in here and if we get a good amount of people I will start work to set one up. :)
"The men of the Twenty-Sixth Regiment would rally on their colors in spite of the world."
George Underwood, Assistant Surgeon
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: Command Simulation

Post by Little Powell »

Good idea!

I remember reading these from the TC2M forum and they always seemed like great fun; combining RPG with RTS. We can even create a new Category on the forum for you if you'd like.
26th NC Soldier
Reactions:

Post by 26th NC Soldier »

Good idea!

I remember reading these from the TC2M forum and they always seemed like great fun; combining RPG with RTS. We can even create a new Category on the forum for you if you'd like.
Well if we can get enough people interested and get something going then I would say make a new category. But thanks for being interested.
"The men of the Twenty-Sixth Regiment would rally on their colors in spite of the world."
George Underwood, Assistant Surgeon
mobutu
Reactions:

Post by mobutu »

So I was curious if anybody would like to do a command simulation campaign like what was done on TC2M? I know there is multiplayer but with the CS you can do a bit more it seems. If anybody would be interested in doing a CS battle or whole campaign post in here and if we get a good amount of people I will start work to set one up. :)
Hi 26 NC,

Command simulations started on the TC2M forum because multiplayer (SOW) wasn't out yet. (Colonel Kooch was the originator of the concept and got us started. If I remember correctly, the early ones were just before the SOW launch. We kept doing them and have run dozens of simulations over the last few years, admittedly with fewer people once there was an exodus over to SOW.

We just finished a campaign run by Greg (gfran64) that was an alternate invasion of Pennsylvania campaign and it was a lot of fun. Another one starts this weekend. It is a two-player campaign loosely based on the Romney Campaign (January 1862). It might take a few months to complete and will feature gfran64 as Lander's Division vs. scottishsoldier as the Valley District, augmented by elements of the Army of the Northwest.

With the madminute games forum now closed, we were looking for alternatives for continuing command simulations. One of the guys from the sim sub-community was looking at setting up a website for us to organize and report on sims. With the TC2M forums added here, maybe we will migrate over this way, or maybe even convert to SOW-based sims...
Tacloban
Reactions:

Post by Tacloban »

I took part in several of those and they were a lot of fun. Had a built in fog of war to ot that was suspenseful.
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Post by JC Edwards »

I took part in several of those and they were a lot of fun. Had a built in fog of war to ot that was suspenseful.
Taclo Bell's 1st Franchise?! How the heck are ya? Where ya been hiding?

The Mad One
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'
Tacloban
Reactions:

Post by Tacloban »

Taclo Bell's 1st Franchise?! How the heck are ya? Where ya been hiding?

The Mad One
Howdy Mad1,
For my first post in years, I would do well to at least read the dates of the post I'm replying to.
I doing fine thanks. Nice to be remembered. RL upended (in a good way), moved, new job, things conspired to take my mind away from SOW, but I'm creeping back.
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Post by JC Edwards »

Well it is good having you back Sir.

The Mad One
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'
mobutu
Reactions:

Post by mobutu »

Good to see you Tacloban!
remus
Reactions:

Post by remus »

Hi Mobutu and Tacloban

Its been a while since I have seen posts from you both.I remember how enjoyable the games were played on TC2M
before multiplayer became a feature in the current games.If it moves to either Gettysburg or Waterloo I would
be keen on joining, was a lot of fun.

Remus