Marching Music

Any technical questions for Waterloo go here!
Awld Hooky
Reactions:

Marching Music

Post by Awld Hooky »

Hi,

I bought the game in the steam sale recently with the expansions and absolutely love the game. It has brought something I've been interested in for many many years to life and can't express my joy with it so far.

I've been playing it constantly, already notched up 60+ hours and slowly getting used to the game mechanics. I've watched a score of video tutorials on You Tube to help my understanding of the game, but I noticed on one video, the option for marching music ? I don't even have the setting in my options page ? Sorry if this has been resolved or explained somewhere else, but can anyone explain why I don't have it in my version, I hope someone can help me with this issue. Thanks in advance for any advice :P
Saddletank
Reactions:

Re: Marching Music

Post by Saddletank »

Can you link to the video in question? It might be a mod.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Asid
Reactions:

Post by Asid »

Hi Awld Hooky

I believe the option appears when/if you activate a certain mod. I have used the KS mod which gives this option. You can find it here KS Mod. The mod adds a lot of content.

I am part of a mature group which regularly plays multiplayer and single player. You are welcome to visit us Dogs Of War SOW. We also have our own dedicated TeamSpeak channel for real time voice communication. This can really help in problem solving etc.

I hope you found this helpful.

Regards
[img]http://i.imgur.com/1Es1u0o.jpg[/img]
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying
Awld Hooky
Reactions:

Post by Awld Hooky »

Hi saddletank, thanks for your reply my friend :) Here's the link for the video in question https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFqM_eAlXxw

It's at around 4.16 I saw the marching music feature which raised my interest and you are absolutely correct in your assumption that it was part of a mod ! After spending quite a while searching for info on the game and tips, I came across quite a number of your posts which I read with great interest and I'm pretty sure on one of your posts was a link to the KS mod. I followed the links and to cut a long story short I downloaded the KS mod and to my delight found the marching music option was available in my game :ohmy: Well my delight was rather short lived though, I was having quite a few issues with the mod, mostly sound issues ( had to turn the sound down when cavalry were moving as it sounded like a 3 mile long freight train passing, and with headphones on it was quite bad) ! But also the game was freezing in each battle I tried to run, after launching one of the Russian scenarios it froze once again :S So I disabled the mods and went back to the base game which I love as it is and wanted to see some action after spending hours searching for info and then installing and understanding the mod. Well I'll try to resolve the issues with the mod I'm experiencing and hopefully get it to run without the freezes, it looked really good from what I saw (well apart from the ACW music mixed up with the marching tunes). Played a few hours of the base game tonight and had no issues at all so must be I installed the mod wrong or I'm doing something wrong with mod choices, I don't know for sure, but I shall persevere B) Well again thanks for your response Sir and thanks for inadvertently helping me solve the mystery before I got your reply.
Awld Hooky
Reactions:

Post by Awld Hooky »

Hey Asid, thank you for your reply to my query also :) You are spot on pal, it was indeed the KS mod that contained the marching music feature. As I explained to Saddletank above, I did some more searching after I posted the query and eventually landed on the KS website and downloaded the mod, installed and ran it with the MM feature. Sadly though I was experiencing a few issues with the mod so I disabled them and went back to the base game, just because I really wanted to get some gameplay in without the freezes and crashes. I hope I can resolve the issues and give the mod another go, it looked really good with all the extra scenarios and nation choices :ohmy: Also thank you very much for the information and invitation to your website, I will definitely have a look at that my friend. My plan was to get to know the game more and then hopefully participate in the MP option for SOW Waterloo. I installed the team speak program from the KS site already with that plan in mind :) So watch this space, I may be knocking on the door, so to speak soon enough. Thanks again my friend.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

You are welcome to join the KS group for MP games as well. We can help you work out the issues you are having the mod too. We are on TS on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays at 19:00 GMT so feel free to drop by and get some tech support.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Awld Hooky
Reactions:

Post by Awld Hooky »

Thank you Saddletank, I will make a note of those days and times and will surely drop by at some point and hopefully get some advice on smoothing out the mod issues :) and join in for some exciting humans v humans gameplay ;)
Templer
Reactions:

Post by Templer »

Where do I find the "Play Marching Music" option of page 3 now?

Last edited by Templer on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.