Wavre has been released!

Threads discussing NSD news items from the front page.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Wavre has been released!

Post by Little Powell »

[article=link]212[/article]
DarkRob
Reactions:

Re: Wavre has been released!

Post by DarkRob »

So I just downloaded this. Havent had to much time to mess with it yet, but I did play the French Brigade scenario. With just 3 regiments I formed each one up in column by division, one in front of the other, in the trees behind the first bridge. The enemy artillery on the other side of the river seemed to have its attention focused elsewhere(maybe on my artillery?)

So I snuck across the first bridge with my first regiment and moved them up to the 2nd bridge, and moved my 2nd regiment across the first bridge. Then I moved the 2nd regiment up behind the first while I started the 3rd regiment across the first bridge. So far so good, the enemy artillery is still shooting at who knows what, but it isn't me, so Im happy.

Then I move the first regiment across the 2nd bridge and turn right and charge into the enemy artillery which basically has its back to me. I take every gun lol.

At the same time I cross the 2nd regiment over the 2nd bridge and turn left and charge into the enemy line. I took some casualties, but the Prussians took more and off they ran. However my unit retreated back across the river(they seemed not to care about bridges for this though and went sloshing through the river)

I then took the 3rd regiment and crossed the 2nd bridge and moved up to the objective and brought the brigade commander up to. Meanwhile my first regiment had finished capturing the artillery, who then became French artillery and started lobbing canister into another Prussian line. I then moved the first regiment over to the objective as it seemed to require a lot of men to activate.

My retreating 2nd regiment stopped running and I brought them up to the objective behind the first and third regiment to rest. The objective now activated. Shortly thereafter 3 more regiments became available to me and I moved them up across the two bridges.

Some enemy cavalry approached my position near the objective, but I formed square and they seemed to lose interest in any ideas of charging.

Sat tight for another 10 minutes racking up objective points. Finished with around 1300 points.

Major Victory. Yay me B) B)
Last edited by DarkRob on Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
roy64
Reactions:

Post by roy64 »

Meanwhile my first regiment had finished capturing the artillery, who then became French artillery)
I thought artillery was meant to surrender now instead of being captured? :dry:
Leicestershire
DarkRob
Reactions:

Post by DarkRob »

Meanwhile my first regiment had finished capturing the artillery, who then became French artillery)
Well these ones didn't. They became French artillery. Crappy French artillery to. Half of them packed up and rolled out within ten minutes lol
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

NSD said there was no gameplay update so the stupid artillery capture mechanic is still in there making the game seem like a cartoon.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Just with cavalry. Infantry still depends on how the OOB is structured.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Anyone playing this and could give some screenshots that show the map, minimap, etc please?
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

Attached file.
Attachments
Wavre.jpg
Wavre.jpg (681.4 KiB) Viewed 1445 times
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
Asid
Reactions:

Post by Asid »

Mini map and game map here
[img]http://i.imgur.com/1Es1u0o.jpg[/img]
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying