Buildings in Single Player Missing!

Any technical questions for Waterloo go here!
PikeMusket
Reactions:

Buildings in Single Player Missing!

Post by PikeMusket »

Not sure if this is the right place to put this.

A few months ago, I had decided to download several mods to enhance the vanilla game. Soon afterwards, I noticed that several buildings had disappeared! The town of Plancenoit, Mont StJean and houses were gone. When I played other maps like Petite/Grande Ville, the houses were also missing there! However when I checked the multiplayer maps, nothing was wrong! All the houses were present on the field. Can someone please help me on this one? This really does act as a Game-Breaker and ruins all the usual fun I have with this game :( .

Sincerely,
PikeMusket
Last edited by PikeMusket on Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Re: Buildings in Single Player Missing!

Post by Saddletank »

Check the detail settings in options. Make sure they are set to the highest setting.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
PikeMusket
Reactions:

Post by PikeMusket »

Thanks! The buildings are finally back again. I believe I was trying to raise FPS incase the mods would going to lower it by lowering my settings.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

The buildings are quite simple structures with not that many polygons and with textures reused over just a few sheets so taking them away does not help a great deal.

To help FPS try these:

1) Do not display off-map trees.
2) Do not display off map terrain.
3) Set terrain draw distance to something under 1000 yds (1000 yds is the max, so try 800).
4) Set a higher sprite ratio (try 1:6 or 1:8, even 1:10 if your PC is struggling).
5) Turn off "show all dead bodies". You still get some dead but not all of them.
6) Select a lower %age of trees to display - try 66% or 50% instead of 100%

A lot of the load from this game is in the AI system and that is run by the CPU and not the GPU, so beefing up system memory will help which you can do by disabling as many other processes as possible, temporarily disabling Windows update processes, rebooting before you play to clean out memory or buying more RAM.
Last edited by Saddletank on Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.