HAHA! Outwitted and crushed by the AI in deep forest. Awesome!

A multiplayer online persistence game for Scourge of War.
Lead your division from battle to battle where your casualties really
count.
SiliconMagician
Reactions:

HAHA! Outwitted and crushed by the AI in deep forest. Awesome!

Post by SiliconMagician »

Started my latest GCM Single Player battle. It seemed simple enough. Small scenario, only two divisions on my side, later I would find 3 federal divisions.

Anyway, here is a link to the replay.

http://www.sowmp.com/gcm/battles/battle/39368

As you can see I move west and set up my line on the vic location and wait because I knew the federals were somewhere to my west. Sure enough the first federals come in, a couple regiments. Not much, you see some minor skirmishing going on. Once the first Federal Brigade is beaten off, I send a regiment forward and spot the EIGHT Federal regiments currently heading for my line. You see me fall back and tighten up the line read for another assault from the west.

What I didn't know was an entire federal divison had completely eschewed the roads, marched clear across the map to my far left flank, completely hidden by the thick woods and then in combination with the other two federal divisions, threw a completely coordinated assault against the entire southern 2/3rds of my line. I was completely flabbergasted as I watched a tide of federal regiments suddenly materalize out of the woods in my rear! You see how I tried to bring my reserve brigade from the right flank down to the left and the AI Rebel brigade taking over on my right. The AI rebel brigade performed flawlessly, moving his brigades to my flanks and protecting me, but the center just could not hold against the blue tide that fell on my men. Within minutes I was reduced from a division, to a crushed brigade.

Now I now how Pickett felt when he said "General Lee, I have no division."
Last edited by SiliconMagician on Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
noonanda
Reactions:

Re: HAHA! Outwitted and crushed by the AI in deep forest. Awesome!

Post by noonanda »

Sounds like what Stonewall Jackson did at Chancellorsville and to a lesser extent Gordon and Longstreet did at the Wilderness
Amateur Relic Hunter, History Nut, Retired US Marine