War of 1812...... Any interest?

Zeke
Reactions:

Re: War of 1812...... Any interest?

Post by Zeke »

okay so I have imported the rocket troop and it plays quite nicely need to play a bit more with available sprites in terms of flags the British flags are all available the only ones that may cause some issue are the American flags I will have to see what I can get sorted.
I only know two tunes...One's "Yankee Doodle" and the other one isn't!

Ulysses S. Grant
Zeke
Reactions:

Post by Zeke »

Some nice Uniform plates re Uniforms used in 1812

http://history-uniforms.over-blog.com/a ... 55694.html

Ulysses S. Grant
Zeke
Reactions:

Post by Zeke »

still researching - currently playing with the Road to Wagram and SOWG version KriegsSpiel ( I hope there are no objections) - Adding a few more sprites in from various mods - Such as rocket troops ect - I think they needs a bit of refreshing - also looking at SOWWL - However I think this need to settle a bit more before playing with this too much also I need to swot up on the differences between the two games.

Ulysses S. Grant
Zeke
Reactions:

Post by Zeke »

Haven't disappeared still working on this!

Okay I've done a lot of research since my last post and I have been updating the SOW KS Mod and Road to Wagram mod. I have also imported in a few sprites to recreate the look of War of 1812 battlefield also re-touched some sprites eg Scott's Grey uniformed US Infantry Brigade I have also imported some Portuguese dragoons which look very similar to the US Light dragoons of the time (I'll get some pictures posted in the next couple of days) - I have also been tinkering with the Napoleonic angle of the mods (but more on this at a later date)

OOB wise I'm working on several at the moment.. I am focusing mainly on the American incursions into upper and lower Canada and the British incursions into Michigan, Maryland and District of Columbia
  • Queenston/Burlington Heights
  • Frenchtown/River Raisin
  • Battle of the Thames
  • Chippawa
  • Lundys lane
  • Cryslers Farm
  • Beaver Dam
  • Stoney creek
  • Chateauguay
  • Bladensburg
  • North Point

Don't worry I will also factor in a OOB for New Orleans, Sadly the only battle that most people remember of the war, But if you read about the conflict this needless battle had no real effect as the Treaty of Ghent (Cessation of hostiles between USA and Britain) had been signed a few days earlier in Europe. I've read several books on the war and I'm still trying to figure out what the Americans got out of the conflict ...I think the answer is nothing apart form a burnt capital and a lot of humble pie! The British got what they wanted Canada was secured the big losers were the native Indians tribes abandoned by the British and betrayed by treaty after treaty by the Americans...Its just a tragic story. Over the next hundred years tens of thousands would die as they were forced from their homelands.
Last edited by Zeke on Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ulysses S. Grant
Zeke
Reactions:

Post by Zeke »

As promised - early days still lots to do this is from my Lundys lane OOB....

Last edited by Zeke on Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ulysses S. Grant