150th Gettysburg Day one.

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
SwampRat
Reactions:

150th Gettysburg Day one.

Post by SwampRat »

RebBuglar,

I am still having the problem with retreating arty in New Ground, so I thought I'd try out your other work.

As usual superb. Loved every minute of it. I had no problem with my arty retreating at all. I did get a MV, but I really doubt I reached your bar. :)

I'm off for more adventures. ;) Thank you again for your excellent work!

S

The attachment screen0004.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
screen0004.jpg
screen0004.jpg (171.65 KiB) Viewed 152 times
Last edited by SwampRat on Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: 150th Gettysburg Day one.

Post by RebBugler »

Alright, nice score and battle stats! Looking forward to your progress reports through this series. Glad your arty control is working out, still don't know what's going on with GB New Ground, scripting is very similar between the two.

Good Generaling! :)
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
SwampRat
Reactions:

Re: 150th Gettysburg Day Two.

Post by SwampRat »

Hey RebBugler,

I have finally been able to finish the second day. I really didn't think I was gonna make it. It was touch and go for a while. :laugh:

It's another one of your excellent pieces of work!

I see I'm gonna have to revisit Chickamauga. ;)

Thanks for making this game even better!!!

S

The attachment screen0001.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
screen0001.jpg
screen0001.jpg (163.9 KiB) Viewed 152 times
Last edited by SwampRat on Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Congrats, this is the first posting of a Major Victory for Day two that I can recall. This scenario is the bump in the road for most aspiring SOW Generals, just like it was for General Lee. So far you're showing off a unique aspect of this series - all Major Victory end screens are different and thus identify end screen postings specifically to each scenario.

If you're interested, and it might answer some questions, here's the only other thread dedicated to this series: http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/modifi ... -scenarios

Suggestion, edit the title of this thread to reflect your progress. The new titles will appear above each post they pertain to.
Last edited by RebBugler on Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SwampRat
Reactions:

Re: 150th Gettysburg Day Three East Cavalry Field.

Post by SwampRat »

Well,

Not so good this time. :dry: I'm really not that good a cav actions. When I want them to charge they shoot, and when I want them mounted they dismount. And they are always exhausted! :blush:

This is well done as usual and loads of fun. I'll move on to Spangler's spring now. :whistle:

By the bye, Thank You Once Again!!!

S
The attachment screen0001.JPG is no longer available
Attachments
screen0001.JPG
screen0001.JPG (658.08 KiB) Viewed 152 times
SwampRat
Reactions:

Post by SwampRat »

RebBugler,

I'm not sure I edited the topics correctly. Should I simply start a new topic?

As usual, thanks.

S
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

RebBugler,

I'm not sure I edited the topics correctly. Should I simply start a new topic?

As usual, thanks.

S
I suggest you keep this under one thread, it's your quest and easy to refer back to if it's not spread all over the place. If you agree move that other AAR back to this thread and leave a message to delete that thread.

I thought changing a reply topic title by the author would change the original topic, I was wrong. Obviously you have to change the first post topic title also. Blow it off if you want, just a suggestion that turned into work. :ohmy:

Congrats on Spangler's Springs, yeah, it's a little toughie. Yet crucial to the overall mission of this scenario series success. ;)

And another Congrats for the East Cavalry Field victory. By your casualty report you whittled them down and didn't sustain near as many casualties. That's what's most important here as you progress to the last battle.

Yeah, cavalry control is an acquired art and learning it's weaknesses. The main weakness is exhaustion, avoid it, walk everywhere, save them for engagements. The other is woods, only enter dismounted because cavalry can't charge or melee in woods. So, if you get within auto charge range of the enemy, 125 yards, and your troops are mounted, they will freeze up...unable to charge or dismount. Only a forced retreat will save them from being cut to pieces and eventually routed.
Last edited by RebBugler on Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
SwampRat
Reactions:

Re: 150th Gettysburg Three Spangler Springs.

Post by SwampRat »

Well I made it through this one. It was a lot tougher than I expected.

I have absolutely no complaints about the series. Excellent fun! Excellent scenarios! Excellent series!

I'm not going to be able to tackle The Pickett, Trimble, Pettigrew Charge till after the weekend. Really looking forward to it though!

S

The attachment screen0001_2017-10-27.JPG is no longer available
Attachments
screen0001_2017-10-27.JPG
screen0001_2017-10-27.JPG (616.56 KiB) Viewed 152 times
SwampRat
Reactions:

Post by SwampRat »

Hey RebBuglar,

I guess you thought I fell off the face of the earth. :laugh: I have just been very busy.

I just finished the Pickett, Trimble, Pettigrew Charge. I did not do well at all! :S

It is excellent as usual, but I just couldn't do it. Maybe I'm out of practice.

It is an excellent series and I want to thank you again!

Happy Holidays to all!!

S

The attachment screen0002.JPG is no longer available
Attachments
screen0002.JPG
screen0002.JPG (600.67 KiB) Viewed 152 times
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

SwampRat

Appreciate the posting, and hey, your Defeat was far less worse than the historical event. So congrats for that. Very glad that you enjoyed this series and especially that you posted your progress...This is the first complete postings, every scenario, that I can recall.

And thanks again for all the kudos along the way, made many of my days. :)