Make AI short retreat more often?

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
mike1984
Reactions:

Make AI short retreat more often?

Post by mike1984 »

My apologies for not knowing exactly how to phrase this question. But is there a way to make the AI short retreat or retreat more easily/often? I want to create more of a "attack, fall back, regroup, attack again" feel to battles. Most of the time, the AI will just slam an entire division into my line like it's Pickett's Charge. By the end of the attacks, the only way I can get the enemy to pull back is to simply destroy them completely. But I'm looking to get the game to simulate the wave-feel of most battles.

Is this something I have to adjust in the game files, or would a change like changing the AI aggressiveness level?
Davinci
Reactions:

Re: Make AI short retreat more often?

Post by Davinci »

Not sure if this helps but I think that the following "Two Files" will affect how the units retreat.

1) statetables.csv
2) unitattributes.csv

Also, some changes are only Modified at the Start of a New Game.

Basically, if you make changes on a Saved Game and try to test it, you will not notice any changes.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
mike1984
Reactions:

Re: Make AI short retreat more often?

Post by mike1984 »

I'll give it a try. Thanks.