Trouble with OOB file crashing SOW Scenario Generator 1.49

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
GeeDub
Reactions:

Trouble with OOB file crashing SOW Scenario Generator 1.49

Post by GeeDub »

Can some knowledgeable individual take a look at the attached Olustee OOB file and see what issues are noted?
When I try to create the scenario with SOW Scenario Generator 1.49, I get this message and it does not happen when selecting a different OOB file:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

A search within these forums has not provided any solution.

I can create a sandbox scenario with this OOB, so I'm not sure what is conflicting with the Scenario Generator.

I would very much appreciate any insight into what, within this OOB is the culprit.

Thanks in advance!
Attachments

[The extension csv has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake...
GeeDub
Reactions:

Re: Trouble with OOB file crashing SOW Scenario Generator 1.49

Post by GeeDub »

Well, I discovered OOB Check Numbering Duplicates and upon using it, found a few duplicate named artillery units that I corrected, also 2 cavalry bgd officers were mislabeled as infantry. Fixed those and hoped the issue was resolved. However, this was not to be.

Something is still causing SG 1.49 Unhandled exception error.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Try changing the following lines...The "Couriers" are listed as Brigades.

Line 38 : 1 1 2 0 0 0

Line 72 : 2 1 2 0 0 0

Also - almost all errors will show up in the SOWWL.log file that is located in the Work \ Folder - if it kept the same format as the previous game.

davinci
Last edited by Davinci on Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
GeeDub
Reactions:

Post by GeeDub »

@Davinci,

Thanks for the data on the Couriers. That was the final fix the error in Scenario Generator and I can now create scenarios for Olustee.

I checked the SowGB.log from running a sandbox scenario but the only errors listed were 2 path failed. I searched and found description about road path issues within the map which do not seem to be critical to game play.

Thank you for solving the last item needed to get the OOB working in Scenario Generator.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

I checked the SowGB.log from running a sandbox scenario but the only errors listed were 2 path failed. I searched and found description about road path issues within the map which do not seem to be critical to game play.
Yes, the "Road-Pathing" can only be corrected by using a Program such as Photoshop or Equivalent Program to place a missing pixel on the roads in the "mapname.bmp file.

Basically, the roads are designed to have a inner-road-path, and one missing pixel will cause the error that you are seeing.

Also - the error is written in reverse, and it shows that the path from here to there is at fault, so you have to search from one point to the next to find it and correct it.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
GeeDub
Reactions:

Post by GeeDub »

Another problem has now occurred. After creating an Olustee scenario with Scenario Generator 1.49, there are obvious map locations issues with the units bunched up at 0,0 on the game map. Starting a scenario in sandbox does not have this issue. Upon checking the scenario.csv, only the Couriers have specified position location data, all other units appear as 0 in location x and z respectively.

I am aware I can go in and manually reset the start locations, but would like to know what is the cause with SG1.49 and how I can resolve.

Edited to add: One of those DOH!!! moments. I forgot to add an entry for the Olustee.jpg into the ReplayViewerMaps.csv. Another simple solution.
Last edited by GeeDub on Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.