SYW BATTLE OF LEUTHEN RE-RELEASED

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
remus
Reactions:

SYW BATTLE OF LEUTHEN RE-RELEASED

Post by remus »

http://www.mediafire.com/file/guk4b4u20 ... en.7z/file

Hi All
I've just re-released an updated version of the Seven Years War, Battle of Leuthen. The initial release at the beginning of last year was rather rushed as I had to go into hospital with some uncertainty as to my future.I have made mainly some aesthetic changes and have had to pass on a few other items that I had hoped to upgrade. Alas when I tried the changes in the game the game kept crashing. They won't impinge in the overall gameplay.I think that the changes will make for an enjoyable game and I wanted to prepare the way for the next SYW battle that I have already started to work on,the Battle of Lobositz.

Please let me know if there are any problems with the downloads of with the game and i'll do my best to correct any problems.

Enjoy
Remus
Last edited by remus on Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mistakes changed
jlan5031
Reactions:

Re: SYW BATTLE OF LEUTHEN RE-RELEASED

Post by jlan5031 »

I downloaded and installed without a problem. I had a quick brigade skirmish, which I lost. All worked well so far.
Thanks again
remus
Reactions:

Post by remus »

Hi all.

Found some errors in the Prussian OOB. Open the enclosed attachment and cut and paste it over the Prussian OOB. New link is in first post. Use this correction if you have downloaded the previous version and don't want to download again

remus

The attachment PrussianOOBcorrection.txt is no longer available
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Last edited by remus on Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mistake correction
jlan5031
Reactions:

Post by jlan5031 »

Remus
I can't figure how to do that. I know how to select, cut, and paste. But when I open the Excel page in the OOB folder, what I know how to do doesn't work. How do I go about pasting all those numbers in their correct place?
remus
Reactions:

Post by remus »

Hi jilan5031

Have your OOB open then select the numbers in the text, copy, then close the text. Place your cursor on the first number of the Prussian OOB and paste . When I did that then it pasted the numbers on top of the OOB. If that doesn’t work you can try working down the columns and manually changing the numbers. There only about five or six changes and their mainly in the division and brigade columns. One example from memory was the BTN Gun entries in the brigade column. I thought it might be easier though if the cut and paste method was used. Let me know if doesn’t work and I’ll see what I can sort out
jlan5031
Reactions:

Post by jlan5031 »

Remus,
Thanks for your quick reply. Unfortunately I couldn't get your suggestion to work. No doubt I wasn't doing something I should have. What I did do was to check the columns in Excel for numbers that seemed out of place. I found only four: two in the Division Column and two in the Brigade column. Both consisted of 3s in columns of 2s. I was able to change the four 3s to 2s. Does that sound right?
Thanks again for your help. I appreciate it and look forward to your developments.
remus
Reactions:

Post by remus »

Hi jilan5031…

Yes that sounds right. If you find that the game has glitches when playing check the OOB again ,it can be easily missed. Later on today I’ll put a new link up with the errors corrected. Should have done that to begin with

Enjoy
Remus
remus
Reactions:

Post by remus »

double post
Last edited by remus on Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: double post
jlan5031
Reactions:

Post by jlan5031 »

Remus,
I've played several games and enjoyed every one, losing only the first. I thought you might want to know a couple of things I've noticed. The first is the poor cannoneers(sp?). Having been one myself in my youth, I pity seeing them having to push their cannon wherever they march. Would it be fairly easy to provide them limbers and horses?
The second has to do with maps. I haven't experimented extensively, but among the random maps, so far, I've only been able to use the #2 series. Otherwise, the selection causes a CTD.
I know this mod takes a lot of effort and skill, and I don't mean the above as a criticism. If you'd like me to mind my own business, I will.
Regards,
Jlan5031
jlan5031
Reactions:

Post by jlan5031 »

Forget the maps. That was my problem.