Road defaults

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
kewindahl145
Reactions:

Road defaults

Post by kewindahl145 »

Is there a way to stop the AI from trying to find roads all the time? It gets very frustrating when you want a regiment to move 50 feet forward and they end up spending 10 minutes wandering all over the map trying to find a road without ever actually getting to their destination. I'm hoping this is just a setting I have missed. Thanks!
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: Road defaults

Post by RebBugler »

Is there a way to stop the AI from trying to find roads all the time? It gets very frustrating when you want a regiment to move 50 feet forward and they end up spending 10 minutes wandering all over the map trying to find a road without ever actually getting to their destination. I'm hoping this is just a setting I have missed. Thanks!
They're not trying to find a road, they're avoiding objects or other troops. Watch the pathing arrows for wide paths. Reselect the destination again when you see a wide path happening, usually they'll choose a shorter route. Sometimes you need to hold down the control key while selecting multiple destination positions to enable a more direct path while avoiding obstructions.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...