Using the Layout Editor

A new section for modding SOW Waterloo. Ask questions, post tips here.
parmenio
Reactions:

Using the Layout Editor

Post by parmenio »

I'm attempting to customize a toolbar layout file.

How do I point the Layout Editor at the standard Skin resources correctly?
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: Using the Layout Editor

Post by RebBugler »

Double-click on folder names to navigate, 'Open' only works to open layout files. Not sure if this is what you're asking, but this hung me up in the beginning. Felt like a real dumbass when Norb pointed out the simple double-click solution.

Good luck with the Layout Editor. We abandoned it eventually due to its lack of documentation and its unpredictable results. Text editing layout and xml files via 'Notepad++' became the Layout Editor of choice. I think its still good for initially setting things up, but not for tweaking and finalizing.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
parmenio
Reactions:

Re: Using the Layout Editor

Post by parmenio »

Double-click on folder names to navigate, 'Open' only works to open layout files. Not sure if this is what you're asking, but this hung me up in the beginning. Felt like a real dumbass when Norb pointed out the simple double-click solution.

Good luck with the Layout Editor. We abandoned it eventually due to its lack of documentation and its unpredictable results. Text editing layout and xml files via 'Notepad++' became the Layout Editor of choice. I think its still good for initially setting things up, but not for tweaking and finalizing.
I've found Notepad++ and reloading the file in the Layout Editor to check positioning wasn't too bad but you're right the tool on its own is pretty useless