Battle of La Souffel mod - WIP

A new section for modding SOW Waterloo. Ask questions, post tips here.
mitra76
Reactions:

Re: Battle of La Souffel mod - WIP - preview video

Post by mitra76 »

yes very soon, this is the first version, the long term objective is to cover all the secondary battles\fights and armies of 1815 and have as sandbox oob with all of them. In the first release the vanilla game full oob as been already merged with the mod oob of Armee du Rhine and the III corps of Armee vom OberRhein (+ 1 a little division of Kaiserliche Oesterreichische Reserve-Armee which was present but didn't take part to the battle).

Gunship and Biondo did a great job with the sprites and the map, the had the hardest part of job

I used new attributes evaluation logic for the units\officers with more difference between elite and militia units, perhaps a little unfair with some units which were militia only because of the name, but more casual player oriented who expects a guard unit to be much more strong that a militia unit.
Last edited by mitra76 on Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Visit my wargames blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it/
DarkRob
Reactions:

Re: Battle of La Souffel mod - WIP - preview video

Post by DarkRob »

I used new attributes evaluation logic for the units\officers with more difference between elite and militia units, perhaps a little unfair with some units which were militia only because of the name, but more casual player oriented who expects a guard unit to be much more strong that a militia unit.
It's interesting that you say that. I always felt that the French Imperial Guard, in particular the first two regiments of the grenadiers and chasseurs that have that level 8 troop quality, were vastly more powerful than any other troops in the game, whether they be Dutch/Belgian militia or the Coldstream Guard, it makes no difference to the Imperial Guard, they treat them all like militia. In my video series I often cautioned my viewers to avoid ever engaging the Imperial Guard in hand to hand combat because no matter what, they will just lose, and lose bad.

I used to think the Old Guard troops in particular were just a little to powerful for the game, (which is really fun when you are playing them, not so much fun when you are fighting them) until I talked to some people that really knew alot about the history of the French Imperial Guard and in so many words basically told me that the level 8 troop quality was pretty representative of the fact that they were the greatest soldiers on Earth at the time.
Last edited by DarkRob on Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.