Petition for final edition

Any technical questions for Waterloo go here!
r59
Reactions:

Petition for final edition

Post by r59 »

The potential (still unconfirmed) troubles recently reported with the Matrix installers by RB, and the eventual need to re-arrange/pack/upload the patches released so far, made me think (wrongly indeed), that this might look like a good/last opportunity to raise my plea to Norb, if he'll ever have the chance to read, to allow an exit of the War3D engine-based titles at the height of the high level of appreciation they received from many of us. Kind of final edition.

There're several small glitches, none of them wholly critical, but covering a wide spectrum of influences and causes (ranging from e.g. the ALT+TAB and windowed mode issues, to more convoluted ones like MP lag not mitigated by any de-jitter buffering), that could certainly make the state of preservation of these gems somewhat poorer than what they would deserve in my opinion.

Forthcoming games by Norbsoftdev are going to be equally praised, no doubts.
But in the meanwhile, please let these ones open their way to immortality just a little bit easily, boss!
I really speak from the hearth.
SPOILER: SHOW
Thanks all for your patience, once again.
Last edited by r59 on Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: Petition for final edition

Post by RebBugler »

Also the LOS issues as reported by the KS group.

Gotta agree, abandoned too soon. I still think part of the SOW team could have been relegated to developing an expansion or two while the coders moved on to develop with a modern game engine. Probably best to use the time in development considering the 'old engine issues', but for old farts like myself WL is possibly my last parade.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
FH_Little
Reactions:

Re: Petition for final edition

Post by FH_Little »

I know this is a Waterloo thread but if this is your last parade, I'd really like to express my appreciation for your B&F mod. It's one of the things that has kept me playing this game for so many years. Seeing so many different flags on the field of battle really changed the vanilla feel of it.