High score filter

Any technical questions for Waterloo go here!
52ndOx
Reactions:

High score filter

Post by 52ndOx »

Hi
New user of SOW Waterloo. Have the Collectors Edition on Steam.

I played a few SP scenarios on Militia level to find out how the game works.
Now I am able to win those scenarios on Normal.

Is there any way to filter the high scores by level, or delete some?
It is impossible to beat the Militia scores on Normal, and would be nice to see how I am doing at higher levels.
DarkRob
Reactions:

Re: High score filter

Post by DarkRob »

Hi
New user of SOW Waterloo. Have the Collectors Edition on Steam.

I played a few SP scenarios on Militia level to find out how the game works.
Now I am able to win those scenarios on Normal.

Is there any way to filter the high scores by level, or delete some?
It is impossible to beat the Militia scores on Normal, and would be nice to see how I am doing at higher levels.
There are various ways to filter and reorder the scores by date, difficulty, enemy, scenario etc etc, in the show high scores tab, mostly by just clicking the top part of the bar to change the order or how its displayed. But I don't think you can actually delete anything. Its just a record of what you've played.

Also, I wouldn't pay to much attention to comparing your scores in militia difficulty versus in normal difficulty. Enemy units are severely nerfed across the board in any difficulty below normal. You will always score higher on lower difficulties than you would on higher ones. So not scoring as high on normal as you did on militia shouldn't be taken as any indication that you aren't doing as well, in fact you're most likely doing much better because getting a major victory on normal, regardless of the score comparison, is much more difficult than it is on militia. Militia is easy mode, theres no comparison to normal.

The scores themselves are also sort of moot after a point. A major victory is a major victory whether you score 1 point over the threshold, or 100000000000000000000000000000000000000 points over it. Theres nothing above major victory, like supreme victory, or ultimate victory or anything like that. Major victory is the best you can do, so any points above that threshold are just icing on top.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Only way to delete a high score is delete the whole file (HighScore.dat), located in the Work folder. Afterwards, when you play and set a new score, the game will create a new high score file. IOW, you're starting from scratch.
Last edited by RebBugler on Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
52ndOx
Reactions:

Post by 52ndOx »

Also, I wouldn't pay to much attention to comparing your scores in militia difficulty versus in normal difficulty. Enemy units are severely nerfed across the board in any difficulty below normal.
Yes. That is exactly why I want to remove the Milita scores from my high scores. They are artificial and cannot be beaten on Normal. ;)
I started by playing on Militia as a training mode to learn the game mechanics without realising that those scenarios would then be a permanent feature of my record. :blush:

I understand that Major Victory is the best possible scenario result, and it would be nice to be able see from the high score table that I had gained enough points on Normal to achieve that.
Only way to delete a high score is delete the whole file (HighScore.dat)
That is then what I have to do.
No problem playing the scenarios again, will probably do that anyway, the game has a reasonable replay value element. :)

For the record. Consider the idea of separate high scores for the different game levels to be a (somewhat optimistic) feature request. :whistle: