help find the directions text

Let's talk about the issues in converting the SOW engine to handle Waterloo. Ideas, suggestions, feature requests, comments.
chee
Reactions:

help find the directions text

Post by chee »

hi .I am searching the keyword position to complete the CN translation.my friend said the directions words not founded in the files he can see.could u help us find the positon?
maybe all the keyword packed in one patch which we not find yet
the directions are included under orders section of the courier layout.
chee
Reactions:

Re: help find the directions text

Post by chee »

pic added
The attachment 138c069db62d77.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
138c069db62d77.jpg
138c069db62d77.jpg (95.07 KiB) Viewed 1175 times
r59
Reactions:

Post by r59 »

If I'm allowed...
I think the strings of &listcompass haven't been localized through MyGUI's LanguageManager. ;)
They should be hard-coded inside the executable in English.
Last edited by r59 on Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

If I'm allowed...
I think the strings of &listcompass haven't been localized through MyGUI's LanguageManager. ;)
They should be hard-coded inside the executable in English.
I was able to translate those lines to German. Pretty sure it was through the \Layout\Media\Language\LanguageEnglish.xml file.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Chee,

Congratulations, by the look of that screenshot you're making nice progress. There may be different ways to translate this game, so just to be sure...Have you added 'Chinese' to the 'SOWWLLanguage.xml' file so that the Chinese language will appear (as an option) in the Options window, page 3?
Last edited by RebBugler on Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
chee
Reactions:

Post by chee »

no....the CN language pack is as a mod and in the LanguageEnglish.xml could find more text there,,,,so we translate them even the order icon notice text.If in option, text is smaller and cannot touch inner ,like The tutorial part.
Besides,,, I find the listcompass cannot be translated because it must Using the function with a #XX %XX or $XX sympol...cannot excute Chinese order text .That is great enough,and my friend is doing the rest work.He wants to translate all by himself
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

So, instead of making Chinese an optional language selection, you're replacing the English language option with Chinese. Guess that'll work, but I wouldn't have suggested it because you're eliminating the English language option from your Chinese language mod.

Has this got something to do with the Trump tariffs? :P
chee
Reactions:

Post by chee »

hi,,,i have found some little problems in editing my CN mod.
like stock WL scenario will affect user scenario select screen..and what is worse,,,,the file be English again as the game may update with steam,which mean my work is nothing,and the sceen text could not be edited with a Chinese bug screen,the xml file has been English .SO maybe give a Chinese language option be a better methods and wont be conflict with stock WL scenarios.Well, and if I want to change the courier message framework key words,like "FROM","TO","Your obedient servant",,,it is good to make a ChineseScenScreen.txt for all scenarios to avoid using English then.
Thanks very much.
Last,one question,,,the file here:I:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Scourge of War Waterloo\Mods\Expanded Toolbar VII - Grog\Campaign\_SBCamp some txt files, and what is the affecting range of these txt files including XXXXScenScreen.txt ?
So it only affects sandbox scenarios or all scenarios ?
mitra76
Reactions:

Post by mitra76 »

First you have to create a separate mod in the directory mod of game here you have to create a SOWWLLanguage.xml file in the layout directory of mod and insert a chinese language

<Language default="English">
<Info name="English">
<Source>LanguageEnglish.xml</Source>
<Source>OOBNames.xml</Source>
<Source>LanguageEnglishMod.xml</Source>
</Info>
<Info name="Italian">
<Source>LanguageItalian.xml</Source>
<Source>LanguageItalianMod.xml</Source>
</Info>
<Info name="French">
<Source>LanguageFrench.xml</Source>
<Source>LanguageFrenchMod.xml</Source>
</Info>
<Info name="Chinese">
<Source>LanguageChinese.xml</Source>
<Source>LanguageChineseMod.xml</Source>
</Info>
</Language>

If you want rename also the names in the oobNames.xml, is better if you use another file also in order to have always also the original.

Second you have to insert in your mod all the files of original games which starts with the "english" and rename them as chinese (example from EnglishSandAttack.txt to ChineseSandAttack.txt). Randy did the same with the german in his grogtoolbar, so you can see how many languages file you have to duplicate. Mods insert in the directory mods are not overwritten by Steam because are not original files.
Visit my wargames blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it/
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Last,one question,,,the file here:I:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Scourge of War Waterloo\Mods\Expanded Toolbar VII - Grog\Campaign\_SBCamp some txt files, and what is the affecting range of these txt files including XXXXScenScreen.txt ?
So it only affects sandbox scenarios or all scenarios ?
Not quite sure what you're asking here, just follow the German translated files guide as I explain in this post, and what was able to be translated to German probably can be translated to Chinese.

Sorry you lost your work via the Steam update, a very discouraging event I know. At least you now have the Chinese language option available to use and secure your hard work. Be sure to read Mitra's above post to get you on the right track.

We'll help out when we can.
Good luck follows good diligence, an old Arkansas proverb :lol:
Last edited by RebBugler on Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.