Occupying Buildings

Let's talk about the issues in converting the SOW engine to handle Waterloo. Ideas, suggestions, feature requests, comments.
DarkRob
Reactions:

Re: Occupying Buildings

Post by DarkRob »

Hey Reb. Previously this had never been an issue for me, but today one my viewers reported that he could not occupy La Haye Sainte in the La Haye Sainte brigade scenario, and none of what I suggested was working for him. Out of answers, I had to try it for myself to see if it would happen for me, and indeed it did.

Units can no longer occupy the La Haye Sainte farmhouse. This had never been an issue for me before, so Im wondering if there was some fix for it you had previously implemented to the grog toolbar for this issue that then may have gotten accidentally reverted? Possibly when you were adapting the Grog Toolbar to work with the Les Cent Jours mod?
I remember that bug, it has nothing to do with the Grog Toolbar. It had to do with an issue caused by retreating troops in the fort that are carried over from WL04. Since they're retreating they don't show up, but still occupy the fort. That bug was fixed with a patch, we, the team, all tested it and confirmed it as fixed. Maybe Matrix left that patch fix out with their multiple patch download debacle.

To test if it's the carryover issue go in the scenario.ini file of scenario WL05 and type a semicolon in front of the line: ;CarryOverFrom=WL04-Count d'Erlon's Attack (F-Corps)_. If that fixes it then we can assume that the patch to fix it got lost in the ozone of Matrix patch downloads.

Please report back of the results. If it works with that fix I'll eliminate that carryover sequence in the Grog Toolbar version and just offer the scenario as is.
Oh I bet I know how I did that to myself then. The last time I played the Count D'Erlon scenario I played it HITS so the brigade I sent to attack La Haye Sainte was under AI control and of course drove the enemy KGL units back into the fort before driving them off. When I play normally I never let the enemy occupy La Haye Sainte at all, so they could never retreat from a fort they never occupied. But ironically enough, that HITS playthrough was also the highest score I ever got in that scenario, so it probably overrode all my previous playthroughs where the enemy never occupied the fort for the La Haye Sainte unlock. So now I have the bug. Damn AI commanders went and captured every objective in that scenario. They don't know you only need one to do the job.
roy64
Reactions:

Post by roy64 »

I reported this problem ages ago, it's the reason I stopped playing the game.
http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/nuts-a ... rive#77695
Leicestershire
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

I reported this problem ages ago, it's the reason I stopped playing the game.
http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/nuts-a ... rive#77695
Did you ever do what Mitra had requested?
Can you try to replicate the crash wihtout mods active and with the autosave set to 1 minute? you can post here the last save before the crash, it will help to debug the crash reason. Thanks
roy64
Reactions:

Post by roy64 »

Yes, eventually (my fault).
http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/nuts-a ... rash#78457

But not occupying La Haye Sainte still happened after Mitra gave me the fix.
Last edited by roy64 on Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leicestershire
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Yes, eventually (my fault).
http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/nuts-a ... rash#78457

But not occupying La Haye Sainte still happened after Mitra gave me the fix.
Have you tried this suggestion I posted earlier?
To test if it's the carryover issue go in the scenario.ini file of scenario WL05 and type a semicolon in front of the line: ;CarryOverFrom=WL04-Count d'Erlon's Attack (F-Corps)_. If that fixes it then we can assume that the patch to fix it got lost in the ozone of Matrix patch downloads.
Post #29
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
roy64
Reactions:

Post by roy64 »

I've never played WL05 only WL10
Leicestershire