Napoleonic and ACW Sprites together

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
1norselad
Reactions:

Post by 1norselad »

Hi

I have a question and i really dont know where else to ask
My question is this.
Can you use the fantastic sprites that have been created for Napoleonic mods and combine them with the Sprites from gettysberg essentially combining the 2 in an OOB. will Scourge of war gettyberg work and if there is a way of doing it. i love the idea of seeing Napoleonic armies meet American civil war armies. I dont want to edit the way the game plays i just was the Sprites from Waterloo mods to work on the Gettysberg game.

Can you help, i assume it must just be a case of copying over certain files to the OOB but im unsure.

Thanks for any help

1norselad
1norselad
Reactions:

Post by 1norselad »

Hi Please can some one help me here?
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Here’s a fairly simple mod to get you started with combining Nap and ACW sprites. You can either edit the unitglobal file included or the renamed OOB file. Both files already contain some nap edit examples for demonstration purposes.

When you edit the unitglobal file, this affects all OOBs. To change sprites here you edit only columns G-L. The NAP sprite classes to add in and replace the present ACW sprites are listed at the bottom of the file. I got them from the ‘Road to Wagram 1809’ mod.

To replace weapons or flags you’ll have to edit OOBs, their replacements are derived from the NAP mod. Any OOBs you select to edit must be copied to this mod’s ‘OOBs’ folder and renamed.
Prioritize this mod below the NAP mod in Modifications.
Unzip and copy to the Mods folder:
The attachment Nap ACW Sprites Mix.zip is no longer available
Attachments
Nap ACW Sprites Mix.zip
(16.87 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
Last edited by RebBugler on Fri May 01, 2020 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
1norselad
Reactions:

Post by 1norselad »

Thanks Rebbuglar

However i hit a bit of a snag as i can't get the napoleonic mod to work.
however i found some sprites buy gunship that seem to work except from artilary and officers, which is a shame but as i am using an older machine and being very specific i'll take what i can get!

Also is it posible to mix sprites up between union and confederate armies IE have union sprites in confederate armies and vice versa
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Also is it posible to mix sprites up between union and confederate armies IE have union sprites in confederate armies and vice versa
Yes, use that same mod. All the uniforms can be mixed, exchanging uniforms between columns H through L in the unitglobal file.
1norselad
Reactions:

Post by 1norselad »

THanks Reb ive tried it using some sprites from Gunship as i cant get the road to wagram mod to work which is very strange

using the Sprites that i have i have been able to change out infantry and officers, i struggle with the artillery ones though and the cavalry i dont think will work as the dismounted cavalry

In theory then this should work with any sprites in terms of mixing them in?
1norselad
Reactions:

Post by 1norselad »

Hi Reb

So i am trying to do this and it looks like it should work using the Mod you made for me and the NAP mod

the problem is the NAP mod doesn't work for some reason, i know this isn't the right thread to ask this but do i need the road to Wagram mod and no other mod selected for this to work though as the files for the sprites will be in the road to Wagrams files is that correct?

so 3 questions

1: could their be a reason why my NAP Mod wont work and any tips to make it work.

2: can you still use other Mods when road to Wagram is being used for their maps

3: how many Unitglobal files can be used concurrently?

I know this all seems very confusing but just getting into modding and its really fun on a game i have loved for years. i have loads of mods mostly for OOB's, and maps downloaded which i would hate to loose.

thanks again for your time

Yours in the cause
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

so 3 questions

1: could their be a reason why my NAP Mod wont work and any tips to make it work.

2: can you still use other Mods when road to Wagram is being used for their maps

3: how many Unitglobal files can be used concurrently?
1) Have you tried using it with no other mods activated? Are its sandbox OOBs not showing up, or are they showing up but they crash the game. If they crash the game post your 'Work/sowgb.log' file here.
2) yes
3) I don't think there's a limit for single player, but multiplayer limits it to one