Oh wow, my login still works!

Here you can talk about whatever floats your boat. Your favorite movie, sports team, etc. If it's a little racey, I suggest you post in R&R, otherwise we'll move it for you.
Hook
Reactions:

Post by Hook »

The last time I was here was March 2010.

The last NorbSoft game I played was Take Command. I was very active in the WNLB and ANGV communities.

I recently purchased Scourge of War: Waterloo on Steam and have a bit over 100 hours so far. And I'm loving it. I've always preferred Napoleonics over the American Civil War.

Norb, you have done incredible work. Thank you.

I'm almost done with a mod to fix the outrageous numbers of victory points you can get playing the full battle as the French (almost 250,000 if my tests and calculations are correct). I've also fixed the CDoneHelp courier message. I assume you get this when a commander cannot reach his objective, and I have added the necessary info to a file so that it now reads "I regret to report that I am unable to reach my objective and am awaiting new orders." It is a simple addition to the bottom of the EnglishScenScreen.txt file and follows the format of the two courier messages at the bottom there.

Glad to be back.

Hook
con20or
Reactions:

Re: Oh wow, my login still works!

Post by con20or »

Welcome back - I'm a Nap fan too
Last edited by con20or on Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hook
Reactions:

Post by Hook »

Thanks con20or!

126 hours in the game, 5 times through the full battle as the French, another 5 partial battles, and I just got kicked out of full screen mode by the Windows 10 update screen which interrupted 6.5 continuous hours of battle. I'm trying to lose this time by following Napoleon's battle plan to the letter, but I think I'll end up with a minor victory, maybe even a major one. Almost ready to publish the mod.

Windows 10 upgrade doesn't have a chance. I can't keep it from running the update assistant, but I CAN keep it from getting Internet access. :)

I can't believe how good this game is.

Now if someone can tell me how to make Plancenoit not give the player points for holding it, but subtract them if the Prussians hold it, this mod will be exactly what I wanted.

Hook
Last edited by Hook on Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tacloban
Reactions:

Post by Tacloban »

Mine Too!
IronBMike
Reactions:

Post by IronBMike »

The last time I was here was March 2010.

The last NorbSoft game I played was Take Command. I was very active in the WNLB and ANGV communities.

I recently purchased Scourge of War: Waterloo on Steam and have a bit over 100 hours so far. And I'm loving it. I've always preferred Napoleonics over the American Civil War.

Norb, you have done incredible work. Thank you.

I'm almost done with a mod to fix the outrageous numbers of victory points you can get playing the full battle as the French (almost 250,000 if my tests and calculations are correct). I've also fixed the CDoneHelp courier message. I assume you get this when a commander cannot reach his objective, and I have added the necessary info to a file so that it now reads "I regret to report that I am unable to reach my objective and am awaiting new orders." It is a simple addition to the bottom of the EnglishScenScreen.txt file and follows the format of the two courier messages at the bottom there.

Glad to be back.

Hook

Another old timer here from The Angle back in the day.  I'm slowly getting back into SoW these days.  Time flies...
CWGII -> SMG -> SMA -> WNLB -> ANGV -> TC -> TC2M -> SOW