'True Ground SR1' - Scenarios & OOBs

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

I'm presently considering following up with at least one carryover scenario, extending the battle for 'The Heights'.  Just in case this comes to fruition I've replaced the latest scenario download, GB1-08btn, with a carryover tagged version.  It's an exact version, just carryover ready.  It replaced the original download version at 11:57 PM last night, so it's still dated as May 31.  Once downloaded, it can be identified by opening the scenario Info file and finding this statement near the top: 

Carryover Scenario to:  Scenario GB1-09btn, Major Victory required for carryover

This replacement scenario will be the key to opening GB1-09btn in the event that it is offered.  There is some doubt that it will be offered in that it will be adding another 4000 Union troops to a scenario that is already stressing performance limits.  It will also be a night scenario, of which are hard on the eyes and tend to be unpopular.  I'll have to test and test to determine its entertainment value.  Regardless, get your Major Victory with a strong remaining 'Strength' number with this replacement, just in case that it indeed comes to fruition.
Last edited by RebBugler on Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Jolly
Reactions:

Post by Jolly »

MV on the GB2Howard scenario!
PHEW!
That was one hard fought one, right up to the end it was still in the balance.
I managed to hold onto each and every one of the positions all the way through the battle, even so, it was a close run thing!

The attachment Howard.jpg is no longer available
David(jolly)
Attachments
Howard.jpg
Howard.jpg (260.39 KiB) Viewed 416 times
Chichetr
Reactions:

Post by Chichetr »

Guys, absolutely LOVING the new SR1 scenarios!

However, I just downloaded the new update 5/31 to try and play "The heights if practicable" and I get an error that says "Level not found" and then an option to Abort.

Can someone help me out? I'm attaching a screen shot of the mods:

Attachments
Mod settings.png
Mod settings.png (960.95 KiB) Viewed 416 times
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Guys, absolutely LOVING the new SR1 scenarios!

However, I just downloaded the new update 5/31 to try and play "The heights if practicable" and I get an error that says "Level not found" and then an option to Abort.

Can someone help me out? I'm attaching a screen shot of the mods:
Easy fix, enable the 'True Ground Maps - Gettysburg - The Big Picture' mod. You probably disabled it to play something it clashed with. It must always be enabled with this mod, it's the maps, hence the 'Level not found' error.

Thanks for the kudos...Image

Edit: Just saw another problem as I read your attachment again...You haven't updated to the latest 'True Ground Maps...' mod.
Last edited by RebBugler on Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chichetr
Reactions:

Post by Chichetr »

Phew! That did it, updated to newest version and she fired right up!

Now the only problem is that my sprites now look off. Some are large and some are very small? Not sure what's going on here?
Attachments
Sprites screen.jpg
Sprites screen.jpg (756.7 KiB) Viewed 416 times
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Phew! That did it, updated to newest version and she fired right up!

Now the only problem is that my sprites now look off. Some are large and some are very small? Not sure what's going on here?

The 'Bloodbath' mod may be causing this issue, try disabling it and see. You don't really need it anyway as the 'TC2M SOW Infantry Mod' and the '4K Packed Artillery,Cavalry,et al' mods both add most of the bloodbath effects.

Also, that GCM Toolbar mod you have activated may be causing issues by clashing with B&F. Besides, B&F has all the commands available with the SOW engine.

If you like the Bloodbath effects better, you may try it out at a higher priority placement and maybe avoid the troop size issues, but disable it first to see if is indeed causing the troop size issues.

Good Luck

RB
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Yep, Bloodbath was causing the issue.  I prioritized it between the 'TC2M SOW Infantry SR1' and 'True Ground SR1' mods and that fixed the troop size issues. So, if you want to stick with Bloodbath, it works in that priority state. It does offer more 'blood-letting' effects, heads blown off, bodies blown to bits, all the 'war is Hell' type stuff. Image
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

MV on the GB2Howard scenario!
PHEW!
That was one hard fought one, right up to the end it was still in the balance.
I managed to hold onto each and every one of the positions all the way through the battle, even so, it was a close run thing!

Howard.jpg
David(jolly)

Congrats, you conquered a tough one!

The Rebel tide coming up Cemetery Hill from the north still sticks in my mind, and, can I stop it? Managed to get most of my Artillery brigade up near the Howard objective and they saved the day, along with nightfall. Image
Jolly
Reactions:

Post by Jolly »

One ploy of mine was to use a couple of Brigades on both flanks to try and 'pull away' some of the attacking Rebels, thus decreasing their attack force. A lot of artillery movement too, trying to maximize them to the full.
Keeps you busy! ;)

David(jolly)
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

The 'Bloodbath VI' mod may be added to enhance the blood-letting effects of battle that are already provided in a 'lite form' when enabling the 'TC2M SOW Infantry Mod' and the '4K Packed Artillery,Cavalry,et al' mods.

'Bloodbath VI' must be prioritized between the 'TC2M SOW Infantry SR1' and 'True Ground SR1' mods to function properly and display all its gory effects:
Mods Order SR1 adding Bloodbath.jpg
Mods Order SR1 adding Bloodbath.jpg (295.32 KiB) Viewed 350 times