Ask not for whom the game crashes...

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
cliometrician
Reactions:

Post by cliometrician »

Reb, I decided to try a quick solitaire game on my new computer tonight (for the previous month or so I've been on my old one) but could get no farther than 10 min. or so into it before it crashed. That happened twice in a row so I checked the log (attached). The only problematic entry I saw was:
00:00:00 NOT FOUND ID - IDS_MAP_ORCHARD2
00:00:00 NOT FOUND ID - IDS_MAP_ORCHARD3
00:00:00 NOT FOUND ID - IDS_MAP_ORCHARD4
00:00:00 NOT FOUND ID - IDS_MAP_FARM
But that should not have been a problem. I'm using maps from the New GCM, Swinders website. I suppose these are the maps used every week in MP games and they must not be having any problems.
I must be missing something. Your help, as always, will be much appreciated in ferreting out my problem.
The attachment SOWGB.log is no longer available
Attachments

[The extension log has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

"I may have fought on the side that was wrong, but I fought on the right side." John S. Mosby
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Sorry, but as long as you insist on playing any of the GCM random maps mods which ALWAYS show the same log errors, I can't help with your crash issues.  Hope your wife is recovering well after her knee surgery.
Last edited by RebBugler on Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
cliometrician
Reactions:

Post by cliometrician »

Thank you for asking--yes, my wife is doing remarkedly well with her new knee. The only downside is that all the chores I was doing while she was bed-ridden, she now expects me to continue doing. 
After the knee replacement surgery when the doctor and nurse stood her up for the first time, she said, in a trembling voice, "Oh, David, my leg is straight," and she started crying tears of joy. So those chores I'll be doing with a smile on my face and a song in my heart.

Regarding the map I was using. It was not one of the old GCM maps, it was one of the new GCM maps that are used all the time, I gather, by the MP group of SOWG players. I was under the impression that they are fairly recently completed maps, in the past couple of years or so. I'm not involved in that group, but I've been to the website, so I don't know if they are unable to play on their own maps or not. Sigh.
"I may have fought on the side that was wrong, but I fought on the right side." John S. Mosby
cliometrician
Reactions:

Post by cliometrician »

Reb, I know you don't want to see any more NGCM maps used, so this time I tried playing on a Chickamauga map. The game last around 20 minutes before it crashed, but this time with an error I have never seen: a long list of "path failed" errors. Any idea what could have caused such errors? Thanks for any help you can give. Log attached. 
The attachment SOWGB.log is no longer available
Attachments

[The extension log has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

The 'Path Failed' error is definitely a map error.  But I designed many scenarios for the Chickamauga map and I don't remember ever seeing that error or experienced any other issues. All I can guess is there's a conflicting issue with it and the other map mods you have enabled. Try disabling the other map mods and see if that helps Chickamauga sandbox play.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...