Map Screens Mod

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Re: Map Screens Mod

Post by Saddletank »

Blaugrana - I've used that map mod with the HITS & Couriers group as well, without issue until now, so its not to do with GCM.

My thinking now is that in the last beta patch or two, Norb added more stringent checks to catch certain mismatches or rather elevate them to "game will not run" status, because the Map_Screen mod was fine before but has only done this to me in the last week or so.
Last edited by Saddletank on Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
ADukes
Reactions:

Post by ADukes »

It always depends on what files are modified in a mod. You can play maps w/o changed CSV files, other may depend on which objectives are available.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

It always depends on what files are modified in a mod. You can play maps w/o changed CSV files, other may depend on which objectives are available.
In GCM we played with objectives on the map screen (so I assume that would impact the csv file) but in the HITS & Couriers group we do not play with objectives. If I am correct in understanding what you're saying your map screen mod should be more likely to cause a crash with GCM than with our group because of that.

ADukes, are you able to test your mod with some MP games yourself? I think NSD put some new stringent code in the latest couple of beta patches that is causing this. I could be wrong but that is my suspicion at the moment.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
montecristo1981
Reactions:

Post by montecristo1981 »

This is one of the best mods ive found - thanks so much ADukes! Do you think you'll ever extend it to include all the game maps? South Mountain etc?

Or have I just got an old version...
ADukes
Reactions:

Post by ADukes »

There's one version only and the SM maps are included.
montecristo1981
Reactions:

Post by montecristo1981 »

Hi ADukes - thanks again for a great mod :)

i meant wit names on it - the SM map has no names of locations.
LuckyJim999
Reactions:

Post by LuckyJim999 »

Hi,

Looks great but does not seem too work for me.

Running 1.4 SOW, can see the Mod in the Modification Screen and it is highlighted but in game when I bring up the Map it is the original one.

Any ideas ?

Running 1900*1080 if that helps

Many thanks
RebBugler
Reactions:

Map Screens Mod

Post by RebBugler »

Bumped up this ancient map mod, it may prove useful to a new generation of SOW fans.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...