Re: Antietam Graphics - new v2 by Jolly

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Hey Jolly

Bumped this thread up to request a new download link, first post, for your Antietam terrain mod.  Somehow Antietam never got patched when Matrix took over sales so your mod is the only update available for fixing some terrain appearance issues.

This request is in regard to this Matrix forum discussion:
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.a ... =&#4982934

Thanks
RB
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
141_pa
Reactions:

Antietam Graphics - new v2 by Jolly

Post by 141_pa »

Kindly bumping to find a working link, thank you for your efforts. I've used your previous terrain mods and they're perfect. 
roy64
Reactions:

Antietam Graphics - new v2 by Jolly

Post by roy64 »

Leicestershire
the_penguinoid
Reactions:

Post by the_penguinoid »

Hey Jolly! Loaded a clean install of GB and Antietam, updated to 1.61 and when I activate the v2 mod (Only one activated) a lot of the unit icons are wrong/block shaped. Eg burning house in Scen 1, smoke is blocky. Most inf icons above flags are just blocks. Any idea what I could have done wrong? Ta!!

solved: overly enthusiastic antivirus setting.

Thanks for the marvellous new look Jolly! Looking forward to bringing up the brigades

Hi All,

I'm having the same issues as Voltigeur noted re: improper textures--I've attached two screenshots of the errors in action (though perhaps the rocks above McClellan's head are an apt metaphor for his generalship).

It seems that with Voltigeur, it came down to an antivirus issue, but I am not clever enough to figure it out. I am on Windows 10, already running the game on compatibility mode for Windows 7. For antivirus, I am using a combination of the built-in Windows defender and a free program called MalwareBytes.

As a note, it appears to be the same issue the user in this thread was having, but it doesn't seem there was ever a resolution:
http://www.norbsoftdev.net/index.php/ku ... etam#78230

Any and all thoughts and guidance are welcome!
Attachments
McClellan rock.png
McClellan rock.png (377.66 KiB) Viewed 1175 times
Error 2.png
Error 2.png (496.68 KiB) Viewed 1175 times
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Appears to me to be a conflict with another map mod.   Disable all your map mods and see if that fixes it.  If that fixes it, then enable your map mods one at a time, test each change, to find the culprit.

Good Luck, and welcome to the forum
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
the_penguinoid
Reactions:

Post by the_penguinoid »

Thanks for the response and the welcome, Reb!

I tried disabling everything and bumping the Antietam graphics mod to the top of the list just to be extra sure, but unfortunately it looks like the problem persists. I attached a screenshot of my mod page in case you can spot something that I'm missing.
Attachments
Mod List.jpg
Mod List.jpg (162.93 KiB) Viewed 1175 times
Jolly
Reactions:

Post by Jolly »

I think you still need the Bugles & Flags mod activated, and placed above the Antietam mod in the mod order.

It should look something like this ..;

The attachment Anty.jpg is no longer available
David(jolly)
Attachments
Anty.jpg
Anty.jpg (233.49 KiB) Viewed 1175 times
the reb
Reactions:

Post by the reb »

Hello Jolly....I love your work. I've been having these issues using the original Antietam Graphics Mod for years...I mean years...Found this post and took your advice by putting B&F's at top and the newer version of mod just below it...FANTASTIC!!!!

Thank you,
the "reb"