Posting Messages & Replying - NOTIFICATION

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

This topic is no longer relevant as it referenced a past website version.

Just recently a spam-check has been added to our NSD website regarding message posting. Please note the following:

When posting messages or replying to them, you must answer a simple math question before you can 'Submit' your message. The issue is, whether you post an attachment or not, you must click 'Attachments' to see and answer the 'spam check' question. If you don't, you won't be able to 'Submit' your message. Once you click 'Attachments' and answer the question, there's no need to hit Return or anything else, just select 'Submit' to post your message.

Deleting Attachments Warning

Before deleting (Remove) an attachment select 'Source'. then 'Select All' in the menu and copy the text in your post because when you delete an attachment most of the text in your post will also be deleted. Once the attachment is deleted then paste back your copied text while still in 'Source' mode. Additionally, delete the text associated with the deleted attachment.  To return to the normal edit mode click 'Source' again. Adding attachments works better in the normal edit mode.
Last edited by RebBugler on Thu May 06, 2021 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

There's a BIG problem with editing messages now.  It's been going on for weeks but now it's worse.  Simple posts work OK, but if text operators are used, bold, size, url, etc., everything gets screwed up.  I've been working around it by fixing my edited page first using a text app and then going to Source and pasting in my edited message, and then submitting my edited page from there.  Last night when I tried to update one of my download offering pages even that didn't work.  Every time I tried to Submit it threw me to an ERROR page, never got the edited page to post after numerous attempts.  I was using an edited page I had submitted before with no problems.

Whoever is troubleshooting this website can check it out by posting a test message, at least two sentences, and use the 'bold' option and, or a 'url' link, then select Source.  You should be able to see immediately how just going to Source placed the operators wrong.  For example, the bold 'close' operator will go to the bottom of the message and the url operators will be side by side, and not enclosing the link's text as they should. 

Sure hope this can be fixed, and we're not being hacked.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

There's a BIG problem with editing messages now.  It's been going on for weeks but now it's worse.  Simple posts work OK, but if text operators are used, bold, size, url, etc., everything gets screwed up. 
Good news, BIG problem fixed, message editing works fine now and text operators behave normally.

A BIG Thanks to Norb
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

When posting messages or replying to them, you must answer a simple math question before you can 'Submit' your message. The issue is, whether you post an attachment or not, you must click 'Attachments' to see and answer the 'spam check' question. If you don't, you won't be able to 'Submit' your message. Once you click 'Attachments' and answer the question, there's no need to hit Return or anything else, just select 'Submit' to post your message.

Got a report from the Matrix site that newly registered folks can't post messages here. So, bumped up this thread and emphasized the 'spam check' procedure. Hopefully this will address the "unable to post" issue.
Biondo
Reactions:

Post by Biondo »

Hi Reb, it worked for me!

Many thanks