Scourge of War Update

Threads discussing NSD news items from the front page.
norb
Reactions:

Re: Scourge of War Update

Post by norb »

I think most of that will be up to the community. Yes, some of the team may decide to venture out, but my main goal is to make the platform better so that people can be more creative.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Our 'plans' are to fix waterloo first. By fix we mean to greatly improve performance and integrate steam into MP. There will be other fixes and changes. Once we have Waterloo 'fixed and improved' we will work on GB. We want them to both use the same engine. The team are all players, they want the game to be great and will certainly add new content and other improvements. Not to mention lots of more minor fixes for quality of life. Another great addition is a graphics coder to hopefully fix all my crappy graphics code. We believe that performance is going to be greatly improved when we are finished. I should not say this, but I will. The version we are currently working with runs around 10fps faster then the released version :)
duncan
Reactions:

Post by duncan »

Great news.
I don't know if it's the right time and place to make some suggestions but in case...

- Could it be possible to keep the camera height and orientation when we navigate in the oob with arrow keys or at least make this feature as an option ?
- Also may we hope a true 3days scenario for Gettysburg ? I don't know if it doesn't exist for engine reasons (day transition) or anything else.

Thx
Biondo
Reactions:

Post by Biondo »

Hi Duncan, for your first question, there's an option both in Options menu and in the in game menu that is called "Camera stay with oob".

I can't remember if you have to tick or untick it but it does what you need

Regards
duncan
Reactions:

Post by duncan »

Hi Biondo,

I forget that, thanks for reminding me this option.
However it's not exactly what I'd like, I suggest to keep orientation and height of the camera but not the position
so you go to the new commander position but at the previous height not the commander height.
Most often I set the camera height to have a good perspective of the local situation of the battle and it's annoying to have the height changed each time I change commander because it's more or less the same height I need. In my request keeping height is more important than orientation.
But as I don't remember there were many request for this, I am maybe alone to be annoyed with that... :lol:

Regards.
fffff
Reactions:

Post by fffff »

Good afternoon. I would like to thank you with a renewed work. I sincerely wish you to succeed. I look forward to the updated Waterloo. Can I find out when a game on the Steam platform will appear? Thank you very much in advance.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Since the game is already done, there is probably not a big issue getting the dev version up there for people to try. We all hate not having the games available. So we'll see about setting up the site.
JabberywockyNG
Reactions:

Post by JabberywockyNG »

I was about to dive into SoW but had missed the discontinuation memo :( I hope a version of the game comes available soon, or I will literally purchase a copy off you now if possible. I'm eager to get into the series!
Chichetr
Reactions:

Post by Chichetr »

Gah, I'm so excited about this.

Can we possible get a road map at what is planned/a potential timeline?
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Currently we have our experimental version. We don't have the Steam page setup yet and everyone is too entrenched in the game to work on the page. We are also trying to keep this very low pressure. Our releases were very crazy. We don't want that anymore, so we're trying to enjoy ourselves.

I don't have dates. Probably won't until we get the page setup or I have time to do it myself. But our goal is to release first an experimental version that will include some performance enhancements. After that we'll work towards releasing the new features and fixes.