installed game on new computer and crashing on startup

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: installed game on new computer and crashing on startup

Post by RebBugler »

crdish wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:53 am My purchase was in 2012 or 2013, not from Matrix. From what I can tell, the 1.61 patch that's available from Matrix is the same. Re-installing it - which I've done 3 times - doesn't solve the problem.
If I remember right, your original activation code serves as your registration number to access a new download through Matrix. If you haven't done so already register your code with Matrix support and that will make the game available through a new download when you're signed in. Hope this works out, regardless, please let us know the outcome.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
crdish
Reactions:

Post by crdish »

Yes. I have my original activation code. The download I have is from June 2013 and it updates version 1.3. I don't have 1.3 download. Matrix does not show SOW Gettysburg on their website.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

crdish wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:15 pm Yes. I have my original activation code. The download I have is from June 2013 and it updates version 1.3. I don't have 1.3 download. Matrix does not show SOW Gettysburg on their website.
Matrix does not show SOW Gettysburg on their website but makes GB downloads available to folks who purchased the games previously. That includes those purchased before Matrix took over. So, you should be able to have access to a GB download once you register your game with Matrix support. Whether you had to register your game during the time when Matrix was the publisher I don't know. Here's hoping there wasn't a time line.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...