Couriers no working in Sandbox ?

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
seamount0
Reactions:

Couriers no working in Sandbox ?

Post by seamount0 »

Hi all
Till now I usually played WL
But now I am "studying" the ACW so I am enjoyinf GB.
I have a question on GB; I use to play with HITS and couriers.
It works fine in GB (in the tutorial), but it seems to me that it does not work in Sandbox; I send the messages with Courier ("C" key); the courier goes to the recipient, but then nothing happen ... maybe you have a solution for that ?

What i do:
- select the recipient
- click on orders
- move my unit to xxx
- use roads (i do it for the 2 options, the normal one and the "regimental")
- change formation to xxxx

any help would be appreciated
pag
Reactions:

Re: Couriers no working in Sandbox ?

Post by pag »

Nice to see a posting here. I don’t remember this problem in GB sandbox, Give me day or two and Ill test in my game.
…courier goes to the recipient
You probably know that couriers are often intercepted and message never reaches the recipient. No indiction is given other than the courier lying dead on the ground.
pag
Reactions:

Post by pag »

After testing Sandbox game’s courier system worked fine for me.
———————————————
Testing details
I’m using Sow GB1.6100.(The entire CW series purchased through Matrix)

No mods for testing

For the Sandbox tests I used 2 maps: Kansas and Mac.
For OOB I selected: OOB_SB_Gettysburg_Day1
-I tested two command levels: Brigade (Meredith)and I-Corp (Doubleday) .
-Battle type: “Hunt them down”,
-Balanced Force was checked.
-Used HITS with map icons

When I played Meredith I was able to give orders through the courier system to each of my regiment commanders. I tested single and multiple commands through couriers system - all worked fine.

There was a problem with roads command : There are two commands which seem the same to me. “Use Roads” (worked ok ) “”Use roads for your unit “( did not work well for me)

When I played Doubleday I had no problem using the courier system to issue orders to subordinate Division commanders: Wadsworth, Robinson, Rowley and to the assigned Artillery brigade under Wainwright. I was able to use single courier dispatches with multiple commands to do complex Division moves ( map locations , positioning to a flank, facings, use roads, formations).

I did not test calvary courier commands here, but past sandbox experience indicated no problems.

-For this testing I avoided enemy contact, because subordinate Commanders start reacting. Commander Attributes seem to start to being important too, and influence how well they follow your directions. For example: Look at Rowley’s Attributes commanding on of the above Division's. I expect Rowley to be a potential problem . His experience is “Irregular” (ie not great following orders) with generally poor ratings and a “Audacious” style ( ie tends to charge) . Even after he receives an an order from me through the courier he may decide charge if he sees a chance. I could TC him and his units into robots, but the challenge for me is the unpredictable and trying to avoid this by guessing how he will react beforehand.
seamount0
Reactions:

Post by seamount0 »

Thank You for your answer, so I think maybe one of the mods.