Connection failure in MP

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
cliometrician
Reactions:

Connection failure in MP

Post by cliometrician »

A friend and I have been playing the same scenario for the last year or so. I always host, but two days ago he kept getting a "connection fail" message every time he tried to join. Same thing happened today. When he tried hosting he still could not connect. He is online--on the internet, yet something is preventing him from connecting. I checked my firewall---no problem there---Scourge of War Gettysburg is allowed.

Any idea what might be happening to keep him from connecting? This has never happened to us before.

Thanks for any help.
"I may have fought on the side that was wrong, but I fought on the right side." John S. Mosby
cliometrician
Reactions:

Re: Connection failure in MP

Post by cliometrician »

This is an addendum to my post above, on the failure of my friend and me to connect to the server. Neither of us has added any program or app that might have interfered. No problem with our firewall. We are especially perplexed since we have been playing for the past several months with no problems until now. Our wifi is working. No problems there.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what the problem might be?
Thanks in advance.
"I may have fought on the side that was wrong, but I fought on the right side." John S. Mosby
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

cliometrician

Since I haven't played MP in years I have no idea what your present issue could be. What I do know is that the game hasn't changed in years. Maybe somehow the last time you two played one of your games got corrupted. I suggest you both re-download and install new copies of the game to at least rule out this possibility. Otherwise, I'm guessing one of your internet connections or servers is behaving differently now, thus interfering with your online gaming.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
voltigeur
Reactions:

Post by voltigeur »

you may wish to check with your isp's to see if either of your connections has recently been put on CG-NAT. This is usually bad for peer to peer games like SOW. Some isp's will reverse this if you ask nicely or pay some money.