1st Manassas Single Player Historical

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
simovitch
Reactions:

1st Manassas Single Player Historical

Post by simovitch »

I've been working on this project for a few years and was just getting into the AI scripting when the "clean break" from the old SOW was announced. If completed it will cover the whole battle using Mark T's extensive Summertime Manassas map and published OOB's. I have many hours of work needed yet to finish it for both sides and MP.

As anyone who has designed SP SOWG scenario knows, scripting the AI is no easy task, much less the final polishing needed for immersion. My question is out of curiosity, is anyone out there actively interested in seeing this published, or should I wait for the new version? My time with wargame projects is limited so I need more than a passive "you should do it anyway" response.

Thanks for your honest responses. This is still a great system after all the years!
norb
Reactions:

Re: 1st Manassas Single Player Historical

Post by norb »

I'm not sure how much traffic we actually get here. I think most of it is still on the Matrix site. But I do want to say thank you. It's all the dedicated modders that make up our team and the reason SOW still has life.
Chichetr
Reactions:

Post by Chichetr »

Absolutely! I would love to have a 1st Manassas map!
seamount0
Reactions:

Post by seamount0 »

Hi all,
any news about 1st Manassas ?
I am really very interested on it !
seamount0
Reactions:

Post by seamount0 »

I found that there already is a mod that I found good about 1st manassas historical.
It's here in the forum (viewtopic.php?t=72118); as you can see there are maps, and together with Bull Run map there are scenarios. At the moment I just played the first one (BR01) very well done in my humble opinion. Some notes:
- McDowell should be moved to Hunter/Heintzelmann column (now it's with Tyler)
- there are small few errors to fix the four scenarios but I found the solutions in the thread