How to modify scenario.csv file

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
seamount0
Reactions:

How to modify scenario.csv file

Post by seamount0 »

Hi, I am reading the SDK manual to have a basic understanding about modding.
But I have a preliminary question: I have seen how to read/understand a .csv file (scenario.csv) and to modify it I need to transform it in excel columns (Data-Text to columns); but after I made my changes, how to re-transform it again in the previous format ? I mean to go back to the "all text in first column separated by commas" to save it in the sow format ?

While still reading the SDK manual, may I ask you how to change/reduce the walking speed of the officers ? I like watching division/brigades marching, but after some time the officers go too much forward vs the following marching colums, so I would like to have the officers walking speed the same as foot soldiers, in which file should I modify that? I have to do that for each officer one by one ?
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: How to modify scenario.csv file

Post by RebBugler »

Walking speeds are the same for mounted and dismounted troops, and officers. This is and has always been so, so when marching they all move in unison. I'm guessing a mod is skewing this occurrence you're experiencing. Anyway, the unitglobal file regulates movement speeds.

About your first question ... You don't need to change formats, the game reads both. Or maybe I don't understand your question.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Biondo
Reactions:

Post by Biondo »

Ciao seamount,

Units speed is influenced by:

- the terrain they are walking on
- the formation they have

Terrain apart, you have to look at formations speed bonuses.

If your only concern is about road movement, then I suggest to look for drills.CSV, level 6, columns by four, and set zero in the movement speed bonus.

I think this could be enough to have all the units marching at the same speed.

EDIT I just checked and seems that Gettysburg and Waterloo works a bit different speaking about speed bonuses. I need to check better. Waiting also an answer to reb's question about if you're using any mod

Cheers
seamount0
Reactions:

Post by seamount0 »

yes I am using mods

I will try to check what you say about drills.cvs; I am still at a very basic level understanding the game internals and files