How to move only officers (not the regiments)

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
seamount0
Reactions:

How to move only officers (not the regiments)

Post by seamount0 »

Hi, I have activated the "SmallCouriersAndMaps" and the "Bugles & Flags XIX" mods.

My question is: using "couriers" ("C" key) how to move just one officer without the troops/regiments under his commands ?

Maybe I want to have him near to me (I am in this case his commander, one level up), but I want his regiments to stay where they are without moving.

I ask you that because if I press C, select the officer and than "move your unit to ... my rear", all the regiments under him move with him.

While in the vanilla (without mods) if I do that, only the officer moves (to have the regiments to move with the officer I have to select "change formation" too)
pag
Reactions:

Re: How to move only officers (not the regiments)

Post by pag »

Hi sea, I don’t have much experience with the Bugles and Flags XIX toolbar. I prefer to use the keyboard with my own custom key assignments and the default toolbar.
My question is: using "couriers" ("C" key) how to move just one officer without the troops/regiments under his commands ?
After opening up the Courier screen (C) then selecting a recipient you should:
1. “Move to my rear center”
2. “Take charge On”
The recipient should move to rear center and stay put. To release him to return to his command use “Take charge off” in the beginning next message. (Note I tested this today with default toolbar and it works with all courier screen commands)

I tested the courier message system (C) using the default toolbar and Bugles and Flags XIX toolbar. Sometimes while using BFXIX toolbar the courier message didn’t work as expected -as you found. hope this helps.

I regularly use this setup for testing commands in Sandbox:
map=Kanas
OOBS=SB_Gettysburg_Day_1
Select=Div. BrigGenJamesS Wadsworth
Size=Div vs Div
Type=HuntThemDown