Gettysburg 3Days - New Ground

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: Gettysburg 3Days - New Ground

Post by RebBugler »

Hey Marcus,

You did it right the first time, maybe try it again and double check that it's enabled and you select Use Selected Mods at the bottom. Other than that I know that the map mod needs files from other NSD releases. I thought this Terrain Mod might cover them, but obviously not. I'm really sorry you can't try out this mod. Thanks for at least reporting your progress, or I should say, the lack of.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
MarcusC2
Reactions:

Post by MarcusC2 »

Hey RebBugler--I got it to work!! I just love it when things work out! Put the Terrain Addition Mods back in the SOW Main Mod file and thanks for mentioning making sure that the mods were enabled. I noticed the Terrain Addition was showing and enabled that along with the Gettysburg 3days-wasn't aware you could enable two things at the same time in there. Thank God I gave it a try--got the intro "press any key" screen and up came the Gettysburg battlefield! Thank you so much sir--it's a bit late to start it tonight but tomorrow I'll have to play it-YESSSS!! :D :D

PSS-Do you happen to know if MarkT ever finished his Chattanooga map? I would absolutely love to use that here on SOW! Still haven't figured out a fix for it in TC2M but have always remembered how gorgeous it is. DaVinci did a fantastic job on it!
michaeljcaboose98
Reactions:

Post by michaeljcaboose98 »

Does anyone have the add-on for the longer nights? The attachment is no longer available, thanks.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

michaeljcaboose98 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:54 pm Does anyone have the add-on for the longer nights? The attachment is no longer available, thanks.
The half hour addition (15 minutes each night) is included, but only with the Union scenario. To add it open the Union scenario folder and find the battlescript9hrs and maplocations9hrs files. Rename them to battlescript and maplocations respectively after you rename these original files. Or, you can delete the original files. Should be an easy change, thanks for playing.
michaeljcaboose98
Reactions:

Post by michaeljcaboose98 »

Hey, is there anything I can do about units not fighting once i get to mid-late day 2? I always tc divisions and above and let brigade ai fight (maybe ill tc on a flank or important point) Would changing sprite ratio help? Thanks
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

michaeljcaboose98 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:33 am Hey, is there anything I can do about units not fighting once i get to mid-late day 2? I always tc divisions and above and let brigade ai fight (maybe ill tc on a flank or important point) Would changing sprite ratio help? Thanks
Sorry to hear about that. Sounds like you're doing the right stuff to avoid AI Freeze-up ("units not fighting"), TC'd upper level officers have always cured it for me. Also, avoid moving a lot of troops all at once. Move only one division at a time and TC Officers as they move. In general, wherever possible, keep TC Officers on via division commanders, especially artillery. However, after all attempts to avoid AI Freeze-up fail, starting over with a 10 to 1 Sprite Ratio selected is your best option.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Download link replaced on the first post; download now available via DropBox.